how when and why???

Discussion in 'General' started by long path/road, Sep 28, 2023.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

in the Villages you need 50 miles of range if you want to take a drive :)

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That place is like the mecca of STD's I've heard lol.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It isn't a problem where I live but I'm willing to be
    outraged on behalf of the OP.
    Now get that golf cart off my lawn, for crying out loud.

4. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Depends a lot on state and even locality. Az licenses sxs as motorcycles since (I believe) they usually come with all the street legal bits required. Back in the day used to 'streetify' enduros (like Kaw KDX and IT Yamahas) by sticking on a bulb horn and mirror and jury rigging a brake light. Vehicle inspectors out in the sticks didn't GAF, but it wouldn't fly in Phoenix.

Don't get that whole, 'go camping and ride around in your SxS on graded forest road' thing. All it does is raise dust. Then if they do wick it up on a trail it just beats the trail to shit. Once in awhile around here one goes flying off the Mogollon Rim, it's our own little Darwin competition.

5. TurboBlew

post menopausal chicks want to get their freak on. Dudes on their $25,000 karts like to sport their fedoras & boat shoes #vomitpageant

6. TurboBlew

the scary part of the side by sides... a real chromoly roll bar is going to set a UTV owner back a few thou if they don't have their own welder/mandrel bender.
    That's not even getting into the 5 point harnesses or bare safety equipment.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

And you're there because..................:Poke: :D

8. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Staying in Robbinsville a few weeks ago and ran into part of a Corvette group. They sheepishly admitted they were from the Villages. Once I asked them a few questions they couldn't stop talking about how great it is. Pretty funny.

Couple of fun facts. 140,000 people live there. 3800 different clubs you can join. They have TWO high schools to service the children of the staff. Not the residents. The staff. That blew my mind.

Good-looking group too. Skinny. Fit. Motivated. Laughed a lot. Willing to sit in a corvette for 600 miles. Kudos to them.

9. Doesn’t need to be plated but needs working turn signals etc and only on roads

10. They are also supposed to have a max top speed of 20mph. I don’t have a custom adjustable steering damper to go no 20mph :)

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

Golf cart shopping & checking out the Badge Bunny scene...lol

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

What are these villages, like HOAs or gated communities or what ?

Sounds like my island

Never heard of them

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You're not missing out.

tony 340 likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

Its actually a deed restricted community. Its adult sleepaway camp

15. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Geriatric Golf Ghetto

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the pulte "del webb" developments around here

i have 2 buddies parents there and they both love it

17. TurboBlew

yeah with less farkels & amenities. Pulte has 4 of those communities under construction in my city.