1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is my change?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by mfbRSV, Sep 21, 2015.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

This evening I went to the local Taco Bell drive through. The total for my combo was $6.76, I gave the young lady two five dollar bills and one penny.

She is staring at the register screen...

Still staring...

Thinking...

She opens the drawer and hands me $4.76 change.

So sad! :(

I take my $3.25 and hand her back the overage and say; "you gave me too much."

"Yeah, I was thinking about that."

:(

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

She deserves $15 per hour for sure.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I call BS.

You went to Taco Bell?!?

4. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I actually did, tonight. :eek:

5. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

I always check my change before pocketing it - if it's wrong, I just keep it out in my open hand and look at the cashier until he figures it out - if that takes an uncomfortably long amount of time, I help the guy figure it out (usually by telling him/her what it should have been).

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I love to give them a penny after they have rung up the bill and they have the change to be given. Love to seem them stare at the penny, not knowing what to do with it. :)

7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

:up::stupid: Exactly. Can't do simple math but deserves $15.00/hour.....I think not. You're dumb ass gets exactly what it's worth.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

um how do you get a job handling the till if you cant do simple math? :D

9. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

It's a lost "skill" set these days..... simple math! Of course, now there are schools that don't teach cursive handwriting either, so I guess we are raising a generation that can't add and subtract, and then will not be able to read the results of their failure. Damn, I'm sounding as old as I am!

10. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

Common Core will fix all of that!:rolleyes:

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It should but like everything they have taking a simple idea to ludicrous territory.

12. Howlie2

Howlie2 In middle-dodging traffic

Amen to that....I spend as much time with my boys undoing common core stupidity as I do helping them with the more challenging stuff. Last year was the worst...they had math teachers that bought into common core hook, line and sinker. To answer 11 - 7 they had to draw multiple number lines and the process took 1/2 sheet of paper. Frustrating for sure.

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

More humanity from the Dungeon. Scaaaaaaaaaaary.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So you think a cashier that can not make change is worth more than minimum wage?

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Do they follow this stupidity in private schools now or only in our local communist indoctrination facilities? I've seen some of that common core "math", dumbest shit I've ever seen.

16. SGVRider

A cashier like that is actually worth less than minimum wage, but the company will bite the bullet to get the personnel it needs. For a time. Then the little moron that can't count will be replaced with a machine, and she'll be sucking dicks on a street corner.

17. SGVRider

I don't see any value in cursive. Doing basic math will always have value.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:
    I was trying to be nice this AM. Thanks for getting it back to Dungeon level.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

& keeping the "change" :D

20. SGVRider

The best thing for her about sucking dicks is that it's usually priced in 10s of dollars. She won't need to worry about those pesky and infuriating pennies and quarters.