1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much does a divorce cost?

Discussion in 'General' started by RR_Kid, Nov 3, 2008.

1. RR_Kid

RR_Kid Formerly YZF600boy

Now i feel like Live2Win......comin on here with my problems....but i know some of you folks have dealth with this recently.

Just curious what it cost's to divorce someone and will i be forced to give her money? If i go that route

:(

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

It is the same answer to the question, "How much does it cost to race?"

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

A "No Contest" is a couple hundred bucks. If any part of it is "Contested" then the skies the limit. Good luck!

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid: Too many variables to make any absolute statments. State laws differ. Uncontested shouldn't be too bad.

5. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

yeah my parents divorce was very expensive.... 6 figures on each side, but it lasted 2 years and a lot of fighting over who gets what

good luck, and I hope it works out for you

6. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

All depends what terms you two are when you seperate. Some can be VERY EXPENSIVE. :eek:

I'm still friends with my ex so ours was pretty greats and we had alot to agreed on. :up:

Good luck

7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

As others have pointed out, it depends very much on how the divorce plays out. The greedier the couple is the richer the lawyers get. It's that simple.

Also it can depend on how long-term the marriage is and how much of a disparity there is between the incomes of the two people involved. If there is a long term marriage where one makes all the money and the other has little or no income, it's likely there's going to be some alimony involved.

Speaking of which, I'm down to the last 10 installments on my ex wife. Woohoo! :clap:

8. Bibendum

Bibendum Well-Known Member

To qoute Robin Williams ; “Ah, yes, divorce ... from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet.”

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

HALF!!!!!

Sorry, thought of that old eddie murphy routine. Good luck, dude.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You might start by Googling "Divorce Laws" for the state in which you live. There are a lot of things to consider. Community property laws, Alimony laws, Children? If it's a no contest divorce, can you take care of it yourself or will you have to hire attorneys? You can learn a lot on-line. It might also be a good idea to consult with an attorney in any case.

Have fun. :up:

11. dashow1173

dashow1173 Well-Known Member

That is so true. Sad but true. Divorces are costly on so many levels. Best of luck to you during this period in your life- RR_Kid

12. You just got married last year and you're already thinking about getting divorced? WTF? :confused: :down:

13. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

Q: Why are divorces so expensive?

A: Because they are so worth it. :D

Good luck dude. Been there, done that. Not much fun until it's done.

14. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

If you have to ask you can't afford it. :eek: :D

15. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

My new Uncle in-law just went through a divorce where he was ordered to pay his ex almost half of his stock earnings. that was right before the S*** hit the fan on wall street. Now his portfolio is worth about 70% of what it was and he's still supposed to pay what is WAS worth. Total BS if you ask me.:down:
    Friggin divorce laws.

Hopefully, all my knowledge on divorce will be hear-say. Good luck.

16. bigx59

bigx59 Banned

divorce cost a shit load. is why i been "happily divorced" fer 20 years.

17. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Less than a marriage, which costs all of the money you'll make for the rest of your life. :D

18. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Reminds me of the scene from the original Vacation. Chevy Chase pulls into the gas station in the middle of nowhere and gets his rental car fixed. When he asks the mechanic how much the bill is, the mechanic looks at him and says "How much you got?" :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, that's just wrong. I for one would totally understand if your uncle decides to go postal in the courtroom.

Tragic.

20. RR_Kid

RR_Kid Formerly YZF600boy

yep which goes to show you...marrage ruins a perfectly good relationship.....word of advice to anyone thinking about getting married anytime soon....

If you wanna be happy stick with the long term dating thing......:mad: