1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotel stays per year

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

IHG, United and star alliance, Hertz. Once in awhile Jet Blue or Virgin America.

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Is virgin a good airline compared to the big ones?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck yeah it is. Blows the other US carriers away IMHO. :) Second to me is Jet Blue.

Their FF program sucks though (so does jet blue's).

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

5. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

300+ last year. Much less this year. United, Hertz, Starwood.

6. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Man I dont think I could do what yall do. I probably do 10-15 a year usually all pleasure. Wife does probably 25-30 mostly business, but when she worked on Capitol Hill as a LA, she was probably around 60, all in NC.

7. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

VA is my favorite domestic airline and it isn't even close. But like dave said, their FF sucks and they don't fly THAT many places yet. Since I live in LA and they are HQ'd in SF, they make my fly through SF for a lot of destinations, so when that's the case I choose AA or SW over them.

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I don't fly much for work. All mine is driving mileage. I put about 70 to 80,000 km a year on my truck driving all around Alberta.

9. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

75+/yr the last 3 years. I've been Marriott Platinum for a few years too with over 500k points. It made for nice free vacations at JW Marriotts in Cancun and Florida!

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

150-175 per year, hyatt's mostly, cars- priceline so I can get a big SUV for the price of a corrola

11. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Maybe 20 hotel stays/year...race stuff and visiting family/friends. I usually use Priceline...whichever place has the best continental breakfast and an in-house bar gets my money.

12. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

Probably 60-70 hotel days per year. My firm has rates at most hotels, so they book all the hotels. Being in Atlanta, Delta is the airline -- can't beat 8 direct flights a day to certain cities, if I miss a flight, there's another one in an hour. But tough to get upgraded on Delta out of Atlanta -- you pretty much have to be a double-million miler to get upgraded.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're only lowly silver with Delta so never an upgrade leaving town. Have gotten lucky on rare occasions flying home.

14. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I'm very bored in one right now here in rainy alabama....someone tell me some jokes or something. I need entertainment. :p

15. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

I'm only silver, but I get upgraded out of most places outside of Atlanta: Chicago (Midway), Philly, St. Louis, and even San Francisco. But not out of Atlanta.