1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.

The LSU defender most certainly had time and space to avoid that hit. He was playing dirty and had intentions to hurt our player.

C'mon man, call a spade a spade.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Stevens could have launched into him and ran through him but he didn’t. He planted his feet and led with his shoulder. Hard for me to look at it as a cheap shot. A hard hit yes. Was it necessary? That’s the way the game is played.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Psssssst...don't look now, but the game is over. The Tigers won.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Disagree. It was a legal hard hit. He could have launched into him but did not. He also lead with his shoulder pad. Hardly a cheap shot.

Dragginass likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, this is what sports fans do. :D

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Emphasis on the fanatic.

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

oh so Clemson won by 50 like all their nut hugging fans said they would? Cool.

AC1108 and Dragginass like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not in the game I watched. Oh that was the semifinal game when Clemson crushed the nuts LSU was hugging.

9. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Nope. And as G pointed out, he lead with his shoulder/forearm.

10. Dragginass

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh, I haven't watched an NC State game in ages. In fact I don't routinely watch any of them.

That said, the Clemson Tiger is kinda creepy in an antique stuffed animal kinda way.

12. Dragginass

I wouldn't watch football if NC State was my team, either :D

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We've had moments in the past...the distant past.

Dragginass likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I went there for the School of Design, not the football team...although our basketball team was pretty damned good in 74.

15. Dragginass

Of course. I went to LSU for the hot chicks, tailgating, and general lack of decisive direction in my life.....the football was just a bonus.

Pride & Joy and R Acree like this.
  16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I attended every home and three away games this year for my team.

I watched a total of 4 minutes of games without the Falcons.....all of them last night. :)

Football sucks but consuming 14 gallons of bourbon in a parking lot 8 times a year rocks.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fack, that's 112 gallons of bourbon a season.

brex likes this.
  18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That hit on Amari Rogers was legal. Amari would not have been in that position if Trevor Lawrence would have thrown him an accurate pass. It was a hard ass hit and right in the ribs, but it was legal.
    I'm as disappointed as anyone that Clemson lost, but it was all on them. The Trevor we all know never got off the bus. His passing was horrifically inacurate. By my count he overthrew 13 open recievers. On top of that, the coaches seemingly forgot they had ETN on the roster. 15 carries? Are you kidding me? You have a QB that is clearly struggling and you decide to not hand the ball to a guy that averaged 8 yards per carry this year, had success running the ball against LSU and is one missed tackle from taking it to the house? Umm, ok.
    Skalski hit was targeting by the rule and no it wasn't intentional. He isn't that kinda kid at all. Sucks he got ejected, but rules are rules.
    There is plenty of blame to go around for the loss, from coaching, play calling, QB that played the worst game of his college career and Terrell, who normally is a shut down corner, getting torched by Chase all night, but lets not overlook that LSU made adjustments and just played better. Clemson had them on the ropes punching them in the mouth in the 1st quarter and LSU made changes and found a way to get the ball moving. I figured Clemson would give up a few long pass plays. The fact they went for TDs was a killer and somehow it never occured to Brent Venables to give Terrell safety help over top.
    I feel Clemson would have been better served with a dink and dunk long sustained drive type offensive plan. That would have kept Burrow on the sidelines and allowed Clemson's defense to rest a bit. After countless 3 and outs, they were getting gassed and Joe took advantage.

Congrats to the LSU fans. I would have been rooting for them if they played anyone other than Clemson. I like coach Orgeron.
    Sad news for you guys is wonder boy is off to the NFL. We'll see if you guys can get back there next year. The Tigers from the real Death Valley will be waiting.

Pride & Joy likes this.
  19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I may have been exaggerating for effect.

That was some sharp football last night. Those teams look light years ahead of any in the Mountain West. No comparison at all.

20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

In addition to my above rambling, Joe Burrow throws one of the most catchable balls I've ever seen. He throws guys open and drops it right into a bucket anticipating the spot.
    He's good. Too bad he'll be a Bengal in 4 months. What a waste of talent.