1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Actually a "killer" nut. Poisonous stuff...

[​IMG]

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

The sound of crickets chirping from all of you in January is going to be deafening. Spang and I will be in here LOL'ing at all of you. Waiting for you to all line up with your excuses.

Stumpy and Spang308 like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sorry man. There’s not one scenario that can be played out where Michigan makes the playoffs.
    They can’t even make their own conferences championship game. They’re a good team but it simply isn’t in the cards for them. I think the greater question is will OSU still get an invite if Wisky beats Minn and then OSU in big 10 championship game. If this were to happen and depending on the outcomes of other games the the big 10 might not even get a team in.

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I think OSU is a lock at this point unless they lose to Michigan this week and then lose the Big10 title game. That would be wheels coming off in a spectacular fashion, but I don't see them losing 2 games in a row.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Weak. Is that the best you've got?

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think you’re probably correct. Win one or the other. They’re in the championship game regardless. If they had to lose one of the two , I would think, better to lose to Mich as it’s a rivalry game etc and can somewhat be excused as long as they win the championship game.

The greater question is, what if OSU drops their last two games(unlikely) and Wisky wins out? Does a two loss Big Ten team get an invite over a one loss PAC12 Utah or Oregon or Oklahoma big 12 team, providing they win out? I don’t think they would.

I don’t see how they can keep a one loss pac12 team or a one lose big 12 team out.

The SEC invite comes down to LSU or Georgia depending on which team wins out. In any event, the SEC is not getting two teams in.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Does it make you feel good beating up on the first graders? :D:)

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

6B8ED54D-04BC-4A4B-8697-BAB47DCFF6D2.jpeg

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well the CFP committee is setting themselves up to put only champions into the final 4. It's the only understandable reason Baylor leaps 5 spots over other teams which also won by simply beating a bad Texas team at home. If chalk plays out, I'm guessing Utah or the B12 champion gets in over a 2nd SEC team. The only way I see 2 SEC teams getting in is if GA beats LSU in a close game.

10. Spang308

There is a 2 team SEC scenario that is highly likely. If GA beats LSU in a close game in two weeks and they're both one loss teams, they'll both get in.
    1) OSU
    2) Clemson
    3) GA
    4) LSU
    Would likely be the lineup in that scenario with OSU and Clemson winning out.
    LSU can take a loss and get in. GA needs to win out.
    Utah maybe has a shot if they win and GA loses. I'd bet if Bama beats Auburn, GA loses to LSU and Utah doesn't pound the hell out of Oregon, Bama could get in.
    Pac12 and Big12 fans should definitely be rooting for Auburn this week and LSU next week.
    I love this time of year!

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Exceptions: Wisky wins out. And as long as the current top teams in the big 12 or PAC 12 win out both OSU and or the 2nd SEC team are at risk. Meh, at the end of the day I just want to see chaos. Clemson, OSU and LSU control their own destiny. Dominos for everyone else.

I do think that the pendulum was swung more in favor towards teams who win their conference championship.

12. Spang308

I was feeling pretty sure about GA being able to beat LSU, but this past weeks lackluster performance against A&M and that loss at home to the Gamecocks has me second guessing that.

13. Spang308

image000000_65.jpg
    The Bear has spoken. Why are teams trying to avoid Clemson? I thought they were weak and played nobody?
    Avoiding Clemson is your ticket to the Championship game?
    Huh...

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Ohio State isn’t avoiding anyone...the committee said they have been more impressive on BOTH sides of the ball than anyone else and therefore are ranked #1. Keep talking shit because clearly it makes you feel good about yourself.

15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

You touch on their greatest fear. That's why there's such an inferiority complex, despite the great success the team has right now. The "Johnny Come Lately" is always aware of the history of the "Old School", they know where the standard is and are deathly afraid they will never measure up, that's why they are always so over the top and mouthy. Basketball has the same thing when it comes to teams trying to compare themselves to a Kentucky or North Carolina.

osuyzfr1 likes this.
  16. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well OSU football and basketball compares well to those two schools. All of them pay their players and have tutors take their tests for them.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

18. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Let’s not go here. I hate when this shit comes up.

Now, as for the -9 line that got hung I would stick to the under in this game and not take a side at that number. I think both teams will have a ton of success on defense, especially now that Penn State showed how to slow down this offense, which is to put a ton of pressure in the back field. Although, Penn State defense ranks much higher in rush yards, Michigan is much higher in standard down, passing down and overall Sack Rate. This is a big key to slowing down Ohio State, get pressure up field and get to the QB, which is what Penn State exposed.

I don’t think Harbaugh will get the much needed “W” against OSU and would rather bet the under with weather and more importantly wind expected on Saturday in Ann Arbor.

19. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well being an OSU fan I can see why you hate when it comes up but well, facts are facts

BTW OSU didn't fool anyone with announcing this round of violations after the Wisc game, then rail-roading the NCAA into reducing the suspension to only the Rutgers and Maryland games.

20. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Compare yourself to whoever you want- I was simply talking about the paying players and tutoring comments.
    People are discussing how teams should perform and then there is the whole, “well they pay their players and have people take their tests for them”. Who cares, that’s not what we are talking about- I believe the conversation was about who would win in between the hedges, not which team has the most 4.0 GPA students that actually do their own work.