1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy Crap in the drag racing world!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jan 18, 2018.

1. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

It is sad but at least I can still ride my dirt bike there, but I did hear the pro track was going but the practice track was staying.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Years ago there was Raceway Park, it was a cool place to run your stuff with little cost. When I was going there with friends to drag our bikes..(had a 94 yzf 750 at that time) it was a whole lot of fun for the 20 dollar entrance fee. Then more and more people started moving there because it was an out of the way kind of area. Scores of high dollar homes were built over the years and in those homes were people who didn't want the noise or the traffic on Wednesday and Friday night's and when NHRA came in the summer it was the biggest event around ad far as world class racing goes. I guess the owners don't want the legal battle anymore. Too bad...in a few years it will most likely be condo complex...or something similar.
    Pretty bummed about this actually.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I remember the radio ads in the 60's by cousin Brucy..."Raceway, Raceway, Raceway Park"....Never went, just a kid.

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

drifting still goin' strong. and for any context... there were threats of shutting down e-town when we were doing drift events there in 04' and all those neighborhoods started getting built up, nothing came of that then, i doubt it is now. whatever the reasons... mike napp is awesome and go do drifting instead and have a drink at the trackside bar.

quote from a buddy that helps run events

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I predict the entire complex will be shuttered within 5 years. :(