1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Capacity Clip Idiocy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lever, Jan 16, 2013.

1. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

2. caferace

caferace No.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that. :up:

My point is that people should stop making stuff up that's easily disproved when the facts (as vetted by a neutral party) are already pretty bad. It completely undermines their position and discounts future rants.

-jim

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope.

They don't deny you the ability to hire trained legally carrying security for yourself or your convenience store. Go for it.

The kids have been secure so that's an indication their security is unnecessary? :crackup: You're an idiot :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't disagree that we should be able to protect ourselves. But the whole hypocrisy argument because the president is protected by the secret service is moronic. Leave it out of the discussion and you'll actually be able to make a point about self protection without looking like an idiot...

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Welcome to reality. Lots of management types get more in retirement that the grunts who worked for them.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Those children could be used against our entire country - hell yes they need protecting more than other kids. Which is not at all the same thing as saying all kids don't need protection - they do - but some need a shitload more based on who their parents are. Simple reality whether you like it or not.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking that's the point Mike was trying to make. Note the boldened portion I quoted to Monte.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not when is first line is saying where the president is being a hypocrite and the rest of his post is trying to show how hypocritical and how much the kids shouldn't have security.... :D

9. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

I've been quite aware of that for years doesn't mean I have to like it :Poke:

10. pickled egg

Eh, that's not my read on it, but maybe I'm just not as cynical as you. :crackup:

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

GMAB. It's the other way around, if you recall. No one is arguing that his kids shouldn't have security. Of course they should, and so should the kids at every school. Who was poking holes in the NRA's recommendations that all schools should have armed guards? I believe it was Obama and other gun-grabbing democrats. So yeah, add THAT to his growing list of why he's a hypocrite.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I would disagree that having anything happen to the President's kids would threaten the country. It might be tragic, but there's no traction there.
    There's no opportunity for blackmail and the kids themselves have no value since they have no function, thus no reason to kidnap them.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

People that kidnap think they have the lotto ticket.

14. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

here we go - Proposed bill

What they really want is this - the step right before they want all the guns gone.

This bill is for 1 round only, no mags no nothing. 1 round guns or illegal.

To reduce the use of guns for criminal acts they say

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/2013SB-00122-R00-SB.htm

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Muskets for everyone! Dipshits.

16. pickled egg

Think more Biblical.

We all get a sling and a rock. :down:

17. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but I think even most bolt action rifles will hold more than one round in the built in mag. So, virtually all the guns in CT will become illegal, and virtually all of the gun owners criminals. Very provocative move, even if it is just an opening bid in a larger negotiation. Openly turn your opposition into criminals - nice!

18. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

50 cal bolt-action sniper rifle would be legal...

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

One of my favorite rifles I lust for is a black powder October country Sporting Rifle in .69 cal. 1-104 twist. 225 grains of ffg is 2000 fps and 4300 foot pound of energy. Great elk gun for a hunt to be named later.

The other is a E author brown single shot in 6.5mm BRM.

Really want a Shiloh Sharps Blackpowder Rifle too, some day after we get settled in the new digs.

Single shots rifles. That's all I need, YRMV.

Of course I'm not planning on getting rid of my .40 M&P :D

20. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Do these stupid Fucktards even have a brain? I swear, these people are insane!