Hey Papa, time to think Dodge...

Discussion in 'General' started by Guoseph, May 1, 2002.

1. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Old news: been drooling over this puppy for a couple of months now! Hmmmmm.... 500 horsepower. That's like sex with your clothes on! Too bad you need money to buy one... :( :D

3. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

I don't keep up with all the news. :p Too busy driving to race tracks :)

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do y'all abuse everybody who flies to Daytona, or am I just being way too nice to you? Cuz I can turn the asstitude up a couple of notches, ya know... :D

Seriously, first of all, the truck is a concept. I don't really see bring them something to market with 24-inch wheels (not that I'd want them) or even with an untouched 500-hp motor. If I had to bet, I'd say it won't put out more than 450 hp. But they can feel free to prove me wrong! :D The thing that has me drooling most is this: they claim 0-60 in 5.0 secs. Ford claimed 6.2 on a 200 Lightning. Way conservative. With my chip and air intake ($350 of mods), drag strip numbers indicate I hit 60 in 5.0 flat or less. If Dodge is also playing this game, that puppy could be a mid-4-sec truck to 60. I really need it. really.

5. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

If you want a truck to do 0 to 60 runs in, find a GMC Syclone(though the Typhoon works equally well). With minor mods to it, the Dodge and Ford can't touch them. They cost a lot less too :).

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, but I want something that's actually nice to drive when you're not burning tires. Trucks have come a looooong way since the Syclone. I wanted one real bad though, when they came out.

7. I would agree to that statement with the exception of this concept and Papa.. it will be in production, mark my words;) I have an inside source.. even the 24"ers might make it.. you can already get 20 right off the dealer floor with the new models..

also, look for the powetrain to shift towards the Hemi again.. that's all I 'm gonna say for now:D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Martin, you can't do shit like this and just walk away. That cruel and unusual punishment, man!!! C'mon, gimme something! You work for Dodge?

9. sorry my friend.. and no i do not work for Dodge.. just know a few who do:cool: