1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey northwestern peeps! What to do in Seattle

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Jun 25, 2014.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

So I'm getting married this Saturday and we are leaving for our honeymoon Monday morning, coming back next Saturday and will be honeymooning in Seattle. So... What's good in the area. Definitely eating in the restaurant in the space needle and going to the zoo. Spending the first 3 days in a cabin in the national park and the last 3 days downtown. So any good suggestions? Really curious about good live music joints since so much good rock music has come out of seattle and im assuming theres some good places but all suggestions are welcome. TIA:rock:

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Lots of stuff to do. Sight seeing? The Big Wheel, ferry to Bremerton. Pike Place Market for window shopping and fresh food and flowers. Great buskers down there, too. Drive into the mountains for fresh air and scenery.

Night life? I don't get out much these days. Great jazz at Tula's and Jazz Alley, probably some big ticket names in town. For rock and roll, not much during the week, unless you want to find some up-and-coming band to watch for $3 at a local bar in Pioneer Square.

I can hook you up with Chinese food and other ethnic cuisine. My wife is a foodie, so lots of ideas if you give me some parameters.

The wife will be home in a few, and she does lots of coordination for out of towners for work, I'll see what she has to offer.

Get a copy of The Stranger or Seattle Weekly (two free papers) and look in the music section for what's happening. Maybe go online for either of those papers. New editions are printed on Friday's, so pick one up with that day's date.

I'll poke around for some guidance, I know someone has something. You can sign in to the forums at www.wmrra.com for local knowledge, or you can try your luck at pnwriders.com. Watch out at the PNW sight, there are a bunch of guys who think they are experts (worse than here!), but there are some people who know what's going down.

3. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

The Museum of Flight

The aquarium

Harbor tours

Seattle underground tour

Gasworks Park

Ballard

The Troll

Lots and lots of great restaurants from cheap to expensive

The Monorial

Experience Music Project

Café Veloce in Kirkland

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

WTF!!!

The zoo :rolleyes:

If you have to ask for honeymoon instructions . . . :down:

The beeb is slippin' [insert facepalm smiley here]

5. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Get an umbrella?

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Catch a fish at Pikes, you could always take a ferry to Victoria Island.

7. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

-Day drive on the Cascade Loop.
    -Leavenworth (Bavarian village)
    -Anacortes/Friday Harbor/Victoria
    -Vancouver, BC
    -Mt. St Helens
    -Whitewater rafting (I prefer BC, but there is rafting in WA)
    -Olympic Peninsula/National Park

I lived in Anacortes. Been trying to get back there ever since. Wish I never left.

8. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Find Mr. Sunshine and heckle to your heart's content. :D

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

If the weather is decent, DougK's recommendations are good ones.

He left off Mt. Rainer.....you can do Rainer and St. Helens same day.

If the weather is decent, do some driving and outdoor stuff....sieze the day. Its an absoutley STUNNING area for scenery.

I always thought Pioneer Square was pretty good for bars / bands, etc.

10. Matt_McC

Matt_McC New Member

Took an Alaskan Cruise some years back. Went out a few days early

1. Dinner at space needle

2. Baseball Fan ? Tickets reasonable

3. Victoria B.C. Do a Whale watching tour. Was on a 10 person rubber boat. Unbeleviable scenery and experience. Might need a passport now.

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Dude my wang can only handle so much :D were gonna be there 6 days
    About how far is Rainer and st. Helen from Seattle? Both would be cool to see. Really into outdoors stuff. That's the main reason we chose there

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

13. Sacko DougK

For some reason, I thought you said you were staying at Rainer. But that is definitely good for camping, hiking, etc.

Also if you head north, Mt Baker area has some great camping and such. Baker Lake is where I used to camp. There are also some hot springs there that you can go cook yourself in.

Not sure if you have ever seen this Coors commercial;

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7YQx/coors-banquet-rocky-mountains

That is filmed in Anacortes and the surrounding area. That bridge is the Deception Pass bridge. Very popular tourist attraction with a state park. Used to drive across that bridge every do to get to work. The bar is the Brown Lantern, in Anacortes. That stool on the corner of the bar was my stool. Lived in that place.

Also, don't forget about the race track there. Used to be Seattle International Raceway (SIR), not sure what they are calling it now. And the powerboat races on the Columbia.

14. misterwaterfall

misterwaterfall squid status commence

15. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

I traveled to seattle a lot (issaquah). If you're into hiking, there is lots of trails in the issaquah mtns, my favorite was hiking poo poo point where the hang gliders take off from.

16. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Its not bad. If you have the address where you are staying google it....then add in St Helens and see how that round trip is....St Helens is farther south, past Rainer.....then run I-5 back north, I think.

Snoqualmie Falls, and the small town are really cool!.... and close in to seattle....easily leave hotel 9-9:30, have lunch in the resteraunt at the top of the falls, hike it off to the bottom, and be back in Seattle for dinner.

I've hiked around issaquah also, great place.

I used to live right near SIR. I dont know what its called now.

The Boeing plant tour used to be pretty cool too....up in Everret.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, is anyone going to ask him why he picked a honeymoon destination before finding out what there is to do there? :)

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It is so like an unmarried man to assume he selected the destination.:D

19. Sacko DougK

Are military in any way (active, reserve, retired, fed employee)? If so, NAS Whidbey Island has a huge outdoor rec facility. You can rent all your camping/hiking/mountain climbing/kayak/etc gear there for very cheap. It is all top of the line stuff, well maintained and always new(er). I think they get a lot of stuff from REI as donations.

The more I think about it, St. Helen's is a must. You have to go and see it all and you will be amazed at the power of the event and the recovery. There is an observatory that makes you feel as though you are right in the crater of volcano.

Someone did mention Pike Place Market. Go get a fish.