1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here we go again.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, May 18, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

XFBO and Shenanigans like this.
  2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Hopefully it's a "fad" that goes away. Seems this shit goes in streaks no? Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame to matter how fucked up it is.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Too busy robbing liquor stores ?

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Hey for just a little bit of fun, it's early in this killing so watch as something unfolds. The killer will not get blamed, and the 5.5 million members of the NRA and the tool used will. The actual person that pulled the trigger will get no blame.

Shenanigans and aaronson like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

"Dimitrios Pagourtzis" - early reports, unconfirmed, are that he was bullied by other students and possibly coaches.

6. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Columbine killers weren't outcasts or bullied .

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The media will claim it has to do with gun access and you'll continue to claim knives kill more Chinese school children than guns kill US children.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not specifically but iirc, nobody was surprised it was them either.

Pixelator likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Except that wasn't the motivation at Columbine... Or any of the shootings last I read up on them.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Huh? How many weren’t “society has hurt me so I’m going to hurt society and make myself famous in the process” motivations?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure none of them were. Some are psychos, some are just assholes looking for attention, all are sociopaths to some extent. Lots of reasons out there once they figure it out - but that's years down the line after a lot of study and doesn't fit in a sound bite.

The issue with motivations is the media just like they did in Columbine grabs one thing and runs with it - they weren't remotely right on Columbine but they keep using the same talking points every shooting. I don't get it myself. It's a proven lie but they keep going back to it.

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

And kids will still be far more likely to be killed from texting and driving, but guns are scary.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Trench coat + Iron Cross medal + Hammer and Sickle = one seriously disturbed honky

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. I'd bet more kids died on the way to school this morning than died in this shooting.

Hell, after yesterday in Jersey I'd say idiotic school bus drivers are more scary than any gun. And seatbelts on buses should be mandatory. There would have been a lot more dead otherwise.

XFBO likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Since this was literally really close to home, I've heard about it plenty. Thankfully the kids were supposedly wearing seat belts, and probably helped avoid any further casualties. It's crazy how the bus just separated from the chassis.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As soon as I saw the fist pictures of it and the dump truck my thought was holy shit the bus pulled out in front of him. Then to find out it was on I-80 and it's much more like WTF happened? Bus driver should be charged with manslaughter minimum for this one. How in the fuck could anyone ever consider going through the median in a damn bus?

BigBird likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, if the talking heads I heard while in between recorded stuff were right Biden is going to be freaking about this one - shotgun and a .38 revolver. It was ABC so kind of surprised it wasn't an assault shotgun....

18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Pixelator likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well if they find out it was black plastic....

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

It is uncanny isn't it? Don't care for conspiracies but damn every time something the dems don't like is coming up, some tragedy happens.