Help!!

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by whizzif, Feb 19, 2002.

1. whizzif

whizzif Well-Known Member

Bill, you'll probably know these...
    I need to know if I can fit the TZ125 in the back of my 1990 Acura integra somehow. It's a hatchback. I have a roof rack to put the spares, etc. in. Do you think I could make something work??? I don't want to f*&k anything up but right now it looks like it's my only option. All the trailer hitch places don't have anything and would take a while to get one in...and I need to leave Sat. morning early...and I can't afford to drop $200 beans on a rental. If you think you might have room in your trailer and I could meet you somewhere....that would be good...I understand if you are full though...I'm just running out of options now...I really want to put the thing in my car....tell me what you think???? I'm open to any suggestions....

Thanks,
    Paul

2. gpwannabe

gpwannabe Well-Known Member

I'll bet if you took the forks and the rear wheel of you could do it. I contemplated something very similar.

3. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

Paul, I cannot even believe that you are asking this. Do you have any idea what you are getting? I hope you take this serious. It will look like that, however, after you yank it out of the car.

Bill Cole
    CCS/WERA/USGPRU#27

4. tkm433

tkm433 Well-Known Member

It will not fit!

I have transported a RD400 and a RZ350 in my Isuzu Trooper ( one at a time ) and had to take the rear seats and the front passenger seat out just to fit the bikes. Also I had to remove the fairing on the RD400 and had to live with the smell and danger of fuel fumes from the gas tank.

Do not try it because you will end up spending more money and time fixing the bike due to related issues than you will in renting a truck.

5. whizzif

whizzif Well-Known Member

I'll rent a truck then....I just didn't want to spend the coin on a rental. No worries. I'm going to take care of this thing, Bill, I promise. Good luck in Daytona if I don't talk to you!
    Later,
    Paul

6. Stu

Stu Country Member

If you've got a towbar, but don't want or can't store a trailer, have a look at these:
    http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle_carrier.htm

You carry the bike sideways across the back of the car. You probably wouldn't get it by Saturday, but it'd be a bit cheaper than hiring a van or trailer.

7. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

Also consider a Moto-tote once you get a trailer hitch. I use one for hauling my TTR to the training compound instead of dragging my trailer along. It's a platform that inserts in the hitch and carries the bike across the back of your car.
    Most shops can order one from Parts Unlimited for roughly $300. A 125 should be fine on it.

Best of luck,
    Monty Warsing

8. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

Sheesh, $300? I've got one of those basket things that sticks in the receiver hitch and holds up to 300 lbs or something like that. I can haul either the 125 or my KX80, little bikes, on it just fine. It cost me a whoppin' sixty bucks at the redneck walmart, TSC.