1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! 600 f4i iddle problem

Discussion in 'Tech' started by flamed03r1, Jan 10, 2009.

1. flamed03r1

flamed03r1 Well-Known Member

I am at a loss. I swapped an engine some time back and I used the same throttle bodies that were on the bike to start with. The bike runs great but I noticed that the cold start assist did not work (keeps the revs up when the bike is cold/first started)

I have checked all vacume lines, removed the TB's numerous times to check and recheck everything and the problem continues to exist. I also noticed that I can set my idel with the adjustment screw, rev the bike a few times and sometimes it drops right back down to 1.5k while others it may stay around 3k...give it a slight adjustment and it will go back to 1.5k only to do the same thing after a few more revs.

I thought about the tps but no adjustments can be made on it plus the power comander is picking up the slightest bump of the throttle so I assume that is working properly??? (I do not have the jumper wire kit to check voltage)

Any ideas from anyone? If not I guess I'm going to buy another complete throttle body which I fear will do me no good.

ANY ideas would be appreciated.

Note: I have already searched to board and could not find anything similar.

Thanks