1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heartburn/Indigestion attack

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

We buried my uncle yesterday at 59. On top of the world then got diagnosed with CJD 4 weeks ago. It was horrible.

you can’t travel if you aren’t here.

2. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Sad....my step dad Jim's ticker went poof at 63. I'm pretty darn sure he was having issues like heartburn and chest pain prior. If he could have seen beforehand the mess of pain and tears afterwards he may have went to the doc.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oof. Had to look that up. So sorry for your and your family’s loss. Hugs. :(

4. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

‘Tussin or Windex should fix you right up.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Why? Odds are your Dr back here will be from that neck of the woods anyway. Might as well save the $$$ and get seen there. Hell you can probably have an entire skeleton of adamantium made for $98.53 US. Just dont try to pay in Rupees. :D

auminer likes this.
  6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

And here you thought he was just a top level financier.

Banditracer likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I don't think it sounds like pancreatitis. I had a 3 month battle with that 2 years ago, it was constant pain, didn't come and go. One good thing was I lost 60 lbs! I only needed to lose about 20. Best day of may life was when the doc said my amylase and lipase numbers were improving :D

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Really sorry for your loss.

Steak Travis likes this.
  9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

As others have stated, get to a Gastroenterologist asap. I have had issues for years. So, be prepared to have scans, scopes, etc. So far, gallstones, gallbladder removed. Multiple scopes…both ends. Multiple polyps found and removed…would have been cancer by now. Hiatal hernia found…dealing with. Anyway, don’t f’k around with your gut, it won’t end well ignored.

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

When I’ve done that they’ve always threatened to arrest me.

11. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

We wanted to lose some weight fast and went keto. I needed to lose a few and tried it, got a couple of gall bladder attacks for my trouble.
    Pain started centrally around my heart and radiated to my back.
    Shingles and heart disease were ruled out.
    I am a lot more careful with fats now and make sure I eat a lot of fiber with fatty meals.
    Never had anything hurt like that and I've led an ER and ICU lifestyle for 50+ years.

12. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

In April 2020 my wife had her first attack. She had kidney stones so we thought it was that after the 1st ER visit. But she kept having indigestion with anything fatty and always had to have a bottle of tums close by. I told her you need to see a doc. She put it off till the 2nd attack in August. Took her to ER and she said childbirth was less painful. :eek:

After a visit with a surgeon a couple days later they scheduled a gallbladder removal in a week. 3 days later she was in the ER for an emergency removal. Just get er done.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You've been doing a lot of traveling, there are a lot of diseases and parasites to run into in foreign countries.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Doh! Evidently I missed that post....