1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden to WSBK on Aprilia RSV4

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Oct 2, 2015.

1. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nice!

Although no Kawi riders on those timesheets.....

4. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

This is true, but compared to Chaz Davies on the Ducati, that is a damn good lap time from Hayden. 'Merica!

turbulence likes this.
  5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

They were on Day 1 and Day 2

6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

hell yes. get some Nicky!

7. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

From what I have read Lowes was 'unofficially' faster...BUT we can still take away that Hayden was stacking up very well against some very fast WSBK boys :)

8. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Yeah but compared to the Kawis he's still a second off the pace

9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

For his 2nd time on the new bike with the new team on the new tires, not too shabby. I'm guessing the team isn't too concerned with comparing lap times at this point as they're probably concentrating mostly on the chassis and getting the bike to 'fit' him. Electronics will probably play a major role once they get to that point in the process.

10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Nicky's 1:41.51 is less than 0.6 behind VDM's superpole time from 2015 and less than 0.1 behind Rea's superpole time from 2014. its also better than any prev official race or practice lap for a CBR around Jerez. so he might already be closing the gap.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ouch, so he's still 1.7 seconds off Rea's time :(

12. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

74 laps. Always admire his work ethic...

13. caferace

caferace No.

I think there are going to be a lot of people next year that jump on the Nicky bandwagon. There's a plethora of reasons he lasted so long in GP. I suspect he'll thrive in WSBK.

-jim

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Netflix is now streaming Three Amigos again?

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Hey MODS, could ya change the title of this thread, to give Honda ( NOT APRILIA) some pay back for supporting Nicky. Nicky will haul ass in 2017- 2016 is gunna be a very hard year for him I think.

16. fuck off

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

werd

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Predictable. The 69 haters will say it means nothing, and the fanboys will say it means he's going to win the title.

Any way you cut it, Chaz was a perennial podium guy and multi race winner, and VDM didn't exactly set the place on fire on the same machinery. It doesn't mean much, except that clearly Nick can still ride a motorbike.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Can't, I'm not on the internets today.