Have your N95 masks yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 27, 2020.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

R1M370 likes this.
  2. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I am usually not an alarmist and figured the good folks of East TN had some sense. I actually need some dam shit paper (down to my last 2 roles) and not a roll to be found Costco or Sam's. Heading to Walmart in a few wish me luck. The stupid is starting to get real. I did see one of those water squirting toilet seats and it got me thinking...do I really need TP...the American in me says yes to at least a couple of sheets to towel off with.

3. ton

ton Arf!

it's time to learn the SE Asian/Indian subcontinent way.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Which is shit in a stewpot full of laundry, then ladle into bowls full of live insects?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. ton

ton Arf!

reduce, reuse, recycle

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Your pets.

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

9. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Lenior City, TN Walmart is loaded up with TP, got the good stuff too! Loaded up with 36 roles of Cottenelle! Some guy was prepping had at least 10 dozen eggs don't they go bad fairly quickly? Didn't even bother checking for mask figured that was a lost cause. I have switched from Corona to Modelo just to be on the safe side.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hell, I use three dozen on an egg bake.

Speaking of which, I oughta make an egg bake. :D

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Precisely.......the operative word in this statement is what? "reported". I'm thinking that the overwhelming majority of Coronavirus cases (obviously the non-lethal ones because we are assuming they are just sitting home riding out a sniffle and a cough) are NOT being reported. So if you take all those people who are thinking they have a cold of flu and a week of sick days to recover and throw all of those numbers into the pile then that 3.4% number gets vastly shrunk.

They've already estimated that ~80% of cases will experience mild to almost no symptoms. So this would stand to reason that the majority of cases are going unreported.

Newsshooter likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I hope so, but you would think that with global awareness, anyone with symptoms would immediately go to a hospital, out of an abundance of caution. I can't image why anyone would stay home without seeking medical attention if they some symptoms? I doubt anyone has "no" symptoms that is infected.

14. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

probably buying it up for tornado relief donations

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You would think that, but....

a) there's obviously a stigma attached to this thing and I can see alot of people not wanting to draw attention to themselves, especially if the symptoms are mild and they don't feel like their health/life is in any sort of imminent danger.....and/or they really do think they just have the regular cold or flu.
    b) not everyone is as plugged into world as you might think. There's a fair amount of clueless folks completely oblivious to anything outside their tiny little bubble of an existence.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think that number is understated.:D

17. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

China is probably the biggest driver for the mortality rate data and it’s likely they either don’t know or are under reporting the number of cases, so the mortality rate could be lower. If 500k had it, not 100k, then mortality would be 5x less than currently calculated (assuming the number of deaths is more certain).

on a related note, last December my 12 yr old caught a cold, it turned into an asthmatic respiratory issue and she had a 4 day hospital stay with constant albuterol, steroids, magnesium, and IV’s. Negative for pneumonia or the flu, they said some cold virus probably started it. Her stay was so long due to low blood O2 levels that took a while to recover. $26k bill to the insurance company and $6k out of pocket. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone so I will be taking a respiratory risk a little more seriously.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LOLOLOL

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sorry about your kid :(