Have your N95 masks yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 27, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think its a foregone conclusion that certain countries... China, Russia, Belarus, Iran, North Korea, the Stans, etc. are not being honest with their numbers. China has a lot to lose by being honest... like they've ever been honest about anything in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if those Tencent numbers are real... scary stuff, for sure.

I imagine that China's borders with those countries are very porous and fluid.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

9 (all) deaths now in Washington state. It would seem that that's our Ground Zero. First confirmed case was there, and from testing the second case it appears that the virus has been tracking there for 6 weeks already they said.

The numbers break down like this so far in Washington....clearly not flu numbers but I think they were all or mostly elderly.

Snohomish Co.: 6 infected, 1 dead

King Co.: 21 infected, 8 dead

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  3. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I don't doubt those leaked numbers. One look at those hospital construction pictures is all I needed to see, to know there was some serious shit going down.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Why vs? Might as well in addition to. I've stacked up a plentiful arsenal.

garlic
    ginger
    liposomal vit C
    vit D
    extra strength probiotic
    zinc
    monolaurin
    quercetin
    beta glucan
    sambucus (elderberry)

Phl218 likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

And now a new case in North Carolina related to the Seattle nursing home.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

We're all gonna die.

Newsshooter likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Eventually yes......but in the meantime I've still got shit to do :D

Gorilla George and baconologist like this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

BTW, who believes the sudden drop in new cases in China? That shit is mystifying. I think Xi Ping Ping finally said, "OK that's about enough of this shit"

9. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

You can't have new cases once everyone is infected. :stupid:

Steeltoe and motion like this.
  10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Predator (1986) what’d I win?

11. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Winnie Xi Flu is another good one I saw

motion likes this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

13. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I live in King County.

I work in Snohomish County.

I have some coworkers who walk around with a tub of clorox wipes, wiping down every surface and handle that they see. Also some who have, shall we say, "questionable hygiene practices." While it's not a nursing or elderly care facility (although many members should be in assisted care), I feel like I'm working in the hot bed of the next viral outbreak. Great.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have a buddy that lives in Kirkland. He fled 2 days ago down here to Dana Point. No plans to go back. Don’t forget to wear your mask!

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I mean honestly, how do you guard yourself from an invisible pathogen that can lie dormant in a person (who is still spreading it around) for what some say is up to 2 weeks and others are now saying as long as 4 weeks.....and hell some other people will show NO symptoms at all start to finish but still be spreading it around. And apparently live on surfaces outside the body for 5-9 days depending on what source you're reading.

If one is to believe everything that the controlled media is feeding us, and who the hell knows how accurate any of that actually is, the only foolproof way to keep yourself from getting exposed is go totally off grid and live in a bunker somewhere completely isolated.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Quarterly numbers are projected lower in the prostitution industry wherever outbreaks are being reported. A government bailout could be forthcoming. There will be no happy ending.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Italy has shut down all their schools and universities. Wonder how things are doing in Tavullia?

Gonna be interesting if things get to that point over here.

Its interesting you should bring that up, reason being once they started banning flights from China there was no such controls over Thailand. And there was speculation that that area became a hotbed for coronavirus spread via wealthy businessmen on sex tours

18. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Here in Seattle my wife said that Chinatown restaurants are empty. Like, places that had 30-45 minute wait for lunch have MAYBE three tables full out of 30+ available. We discussed this last night if it's white flight or local Chinese who are staying home, or if it's all of the above due to a standoff of sorts. She's going to ask her mom (Chinese, lives in Chinatown) why no one is eating at Chinese restaurants. Even the ones with good health ratings are affected!

19. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

As an individual, your odds are pretty good.
    As a group that numbers 330 million in the US, if 25% of the population gets it over the next year, and 20% of them need a medical intervention, that’s 16.5 million people in the hospital, with 2 million of them dying.
    I’m pretty I heard a news report that there are less than a million ventilators in the USA.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So I'm wondering if this is actually some bit of good news, as I alluded to earlier:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/01/health/coronavirus-washington-spread.html

Coronavirus May Have Spread in U.S. for Weeks, Gene Sequencing Suggests (March 1st, 2020)

"So the genetic findings suggest that the virus has been spreading through other people in the community for close to six weeks, according to one of the scientists who compared the sequences, Trevor Bedford, an associate professor at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington."

6 weeks worth of spread wrought havoc in China. Over here it's led to less than a dozen deaths thus far. I'm wondering if that means it really just hasn't hit its stride yet, or is already hitting lots and lots of people in the US and they are just barely noticing the effects?