1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR1000

Discussion in 'General' started by Bigfoot140, Feb 9, 2001.

1. Bigfoot140

Bigfoot140 Member

I hierd that the 1000 is having frame problems .The rumore is they are cracking . Is there any truth to this or is it just talk started buy it's compition ?

[This message has been edited by Bigfoot140 (edited 02-09-2001).]

2. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

Hey Papa, you are SOOOOOO right about needing that English teacher in here [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Hammer-117 (edited 02-09-2001).]

3. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

If you have ever meet Bigfoot you'd understand!! [​IMG]

4. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

ROTFLMAO!!! I wonder, though, how your own spelling was before you edited this... [​IMG]

5. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

Look Damnit!! I only added the quote when I edited it. And I only opened up Word to check the spelling of "professor". [​IMG]

6. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

hey foot dunno, but as for the competition, i've seen more R1 frames cracked than i've seen gsxr1000 frames period.

7. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

By the way, are we talking about cracking before, or after the squid flips it over backwards?

8. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

[​IMG] doh! you read right through that one...yep post squid abused [​IMG]

9. David Swarts

David Swarts Well-Known Member

Bigfoot, where exactly did you hear that information?

10. Bigfoot140

Bigfoot140 Member

Dave I herd this from some of the local dealer in the NC , that Lee has some bike on order from.Sorry for the bad gramer and missed spelled words, was out on the football field skipping class and smoking on the days that day so get over it,and if you can't I just want let your bikes threw teck . bigfoot

11. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Don't worry about your English Bigfoot. I understand clearly.

But, I do want to add that the dealer in NC is not Tri City and that you are not speaking of Lee Acree. Some folks would call Lee up at the shop wanting the scoop. The dealership gossip gets out of hand.

12. Bigfoot140

Bigfoot140 Member

The gossip can get out of hand that why I did not add any dealer names ,that dose not intress me, just want to know if there is a problem with the bike and should I wait till 2002 model hit the dealers to make my purchase Mike Earnhardt

13. Bigfoot140

Bigfoot140 Member

The Lee I was talking about is Lee Shierts did noy want say dealer names , just want to no if there are any problems with the bike Mike Earnhardt

14. David Swarts

David Swarts Well-Known Member

This is the first I've heard of any frame cracking problems. I didn't know that anybody but journalists and the supported race teams even had the bikes yet.

Your old Honda is going to make its Willow Springs debut this weekend.

15. Bigfoot140

Bigfoot140 Member

Thanks dave for the heads up , was shur it was just gossip . Good luck with the old girl hope you have fun at Willow Mike Earnhardt

16. kulddy

kulddy Well-Known Member

I know the older frames Gsxr 85-90 used to crack after I put in lee's 1458 FUSA motor, Gusseted steering head sock and then swing arm pivots then shock mount surround on my 87 and 89. current 89 frame does not have the falicon crank killer motor, failey mild 750 cc 90 motor with yosh duplex and 92 grave 1100 forks and 91 750 swing arm, ram air box (experimenting with sling shot carbs plugged + jet too use unde ram air, it tends to lean out a bit even eith the tank vent fed into the pressure box with a one wayvalve and a .050 orifice to release pressure after high speed runs, kinda fun tryin to make old tech work. no one could figure out how to use it and it was plugged on the 90 carbs.
    Back to the frame, CRACKS on reason I polish instead of powder coat, I feel I can detect cracks sooner (if you ever ran one of Lee's 1458's on alcohol, youd would uderstand the phrase "cooked tires" when it stopped spining up AND standing up at the same time and spinning only, ya was showin carcase.
    KD