1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR Armour Bodies mounting

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Racer45, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

How have you guys mounted the upper fairing to the frame in the back part where you normally use the big nylon push type pins?

Attached Files:

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

for those trying to do this. I ran a bolt from the back side of the gromet and put a washer and bolt on the other side. Then you can just drill a hole through the fairing, feed the thread through and put another bolt on

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

On my 600 I put a bolt through it.. Then put a nut on the end with Tape wrapped around it so it would snug into the OEM Push.. Worked great...

4. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

I used a large pushpin. Worked great. You can get them at most body shops

5. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

I drilled a hole in the bodywork where the hole in the frame for the pushpin/grommet thing on the stock bodywork would go. Then I put a wellnut in the hole in the frame and put a bolt with a washer through the bodywork. I removed the rubber insert in the frame. Works great!

6. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

tie-wrap

:up:

7. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

All I used were two Dzus fasteners at the ear of the Faring stay and the Woodcraft frame sliders do the rest.......first picture is still the same as mine....nothin there