Grattan Thanks

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, May 4, 2015.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

He said he's moving from the Grand Rapids hospital to Troy today.

2. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

Count me in.

3. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

:up: I'm in. There is also the RRW world action fund designed just for this kind of stuff. We can donate specifically for grattan if the track is willing to deploy and maintain them. BHF was lined with air fence through that fund and the chili cook offs.

4. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

This was my first time to Grattan and my 3rd weekend of racing. I had a great time and really enjoyed the track...I learned alot and hope everyone that had an off have full and speedy recoveries.

Your welcome for not finishing last :)

Maybe it is time to consider some kind of fundraiser events at the tracks that could use some air fence love.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Air fence would certainly be preferred!

6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

SAS Racing is in!

7. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

If the track is on board with it, then let me know when to send in my donation, i've personally seen airfence save a life so i'm all for it, the fence is not cheap, but lord is it worth it

here's a list of contributors, and you can specify what track its for, its bittersweet that the Nesba chili cookoff is still near the top (mainly because i'd like to see more contribute)
    http://actionfund.roadracingworld.com/contributors/road-race/

8. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Count me in for some kind of financial contribution. Count me out for organizing anything. Please let me know where and when if there is an event to show up to. I think reliable consistent deployment is important if a purchase is made (and a consideration before purchasing).

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It wouldn't take much of the non inflatable to cover the bad spots at Grattan and it's easy to put out.

10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

it would be nice to to get a large enough section to cover the last corner coming on to the front clock wise. then it could be split into two units for CCW events, for the bus stop, and turn one where run off is limited running that way.

i was just thinking out loud for the idea after this unfortunate incident but, i like Geoff, do not have the time to organize anything but, I would be glad to promote and donate for this, for everyone's benefit.

Ski