1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Rapids MI

Discussion in 'General' started by Derick, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Good shit, but I can get it without going to MI. One of my nieces got married in Holland and my sister is talking about moving there, but I really fail to see the appeal.

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Well the Griffins play in GR and they are the Wings minor league team. I grew up in that area, I live down South now. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :D

3. lazlo

lazlo Stand up guy who corners low.

The downtown is vibrant and always has something going on. I live in Chicago suburb but I attend grad school in Michigan. Some of my classes are held in Grand Rapids. My wife and I stayed at the Marriott the night before I graduated with my undergrad and ate at Ruth's Chris Steak House. The community college is just east of downtown and is a very nice area, that's where some of my classes are held. Just like any other town, there are nasty areas to avoid, but all in all, my wife and I discussed living in Grand Rapids. I enjoy my time there.

4. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

He's just bitter, because he doesn't have a good team to cheer on ... Did I mention those other Howes, Mark and Marty ?

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Property taxes are very reasonable so long as you stay out of Grand Rapids proper.

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

My cousin is a news anchor woman in grand rapids. Thats all i know about it. ;)

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You know the drill.... we're gonna need pictures now.

8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Yeah i know...But i can't put her out there like that. lol.

I googleized her, and she is actually the Senior Investigative Producer of a news station up there. Been there over 20 yrs.

Her sister, (my cuz), is a UC professor. Their dad was a psychiatrist, mom was a nurse for over 40 yrs. Brains, beauty, and money in that family.

9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Just south of there, outside of Plainwell is a meat plant. Been there a few times fixing our machines. Nice people, rural and down to earth.

I live in Ontario and weathers the same so I don't see the appeal of moving to so place that gets as cold as where I am now.

10. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Is she single?