GoPro HERO4

Discussion in 'General' started by DaddyPhatSaks, Sep 26, 2014.

1. DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks Well-Known Member

2. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

nice spam

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Wonder what kind of problems these will have right off the bat.

I finally got a new hero3 white this week to replace the Hero HD that shook itself to death this may. Wanted an Ion but when I looked at replacing all my mounts on my racebike and mt bike I may as well give it another chance.

Why they took so long to put a lcd on the back I dunno. I wouldn't care if it wasn't touch screen. Just would like to review video once in a while without a laptop. Considering how $$$ these little things are and JVC now is coming out with CAMCORDERS that for the most part do the same thing (water proof to a certain depth, shock proof, dust proof) for nearly the same price as a hero3+ silver and up, I probably would had just got one of those if they coul record with their flip out lcd closed but they cant.

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

When are they going to feature a built in homing beacon so that the clowns that don't mount them securely won't bother track personnel to search for them? :p

5. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

My hero 3 whites book says it has a locator. Just need a smartphone with the app and make sure the wifi is running on the gopro.

If they lose them, too bad. If a CW comes across it between races when they are making sure nothings on track they'll bring it back to the station and the rider can go get it from them. Otherwise they can wait until lunch or after the days races are done for the day.

Also a good idea to put your name and comp number on it also.

6. DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks Well-Known Member

?? I dont sell these or work for the company

7. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Your link and picture looks just like the format that the spam bots use.

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Still shaped like a brick. Meh.

9. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I'd be happier with 1080P and 16hrs of recording battery life.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Has anyone used the Garmin cam that has speed overlay?

11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

4th gen and they still use those same crappy brittle plastic mounts, oh well.

12. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I can't believe how a shitty product has the market covered.

13. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

A good marketing department can go a long way...

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I don't know...it's been pretty nice from my experiences and crashes. It's durability, video quality/resolution, mounting options, along with the way they addressed vibration and wind noise were unsurpassed especially at their first few price points.

15. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

They are fantastic cameras, when they work correctly.

16. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Which is usually for the first month, and then they just work randomly when they want too. :down:

17. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

My experience with them has been pretty good. I bought my first one about 8 years ago, then bought a 2nd when the HD came out (not HD by nearly anyone's standards today). Neither has ever failed to work nor has either ever failed to remain on the bike. Okay, I did have one to fall off the bike when I crashed at Nashville T1 at a pretty good rate of speed. It still kept recording, even recorded Fuzzy picking it up, putting it in his passenger seat and driving it back to my pit.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the new ones if I wanted another, but my experience may have been unique. I do know that they have spent a fair amount of money promoting motorcycle racing in the US. That's worth something in my book.

18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the VIRB, but I've got the latest Sony action cam(HDR-AS100V) that has GPS. It's been good sometimes, other times the speed display lags.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

and proof of said support (took from the RRF thread)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  20. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

contour dropped the ball on marketing...great packaging for what we do. love the slider switch. fortunately they're back, hopefully they do something with it