1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good racing, bad commercial

Discussion in 'General' started by YAM#849, Jun 19, 2002.

1. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Speed had some good coverage of the Springfield TT last night. A history-making Hayden fest, and rather entertaining, I thought. But the commercials for a MX video game will cause us to have to hear from the tree-huggers again. Why does the game have to include squashing forest critters? Sure, I know kids will get a kick out of it, but I don't want to hear the whining that'll probably result. Anyone else see the commercials?

2. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

Yeah, that commercial is awesome!! Sevendust rules!! :D

Don

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

ditto!!

4. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Yeah that comercial was funny (ther first time).

I'm not big into dirt flattrack stuff, but it was interesting to see the Haydens in a different environement than I usually see them.

5. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Yeah. I saw it too. Looks to me like it is just asking for trouble in an insensitive, childish way. :Puke:

I will hate to be painted with the same brush that it generates.

Twenty plus years ago, when I lived in Phoenix, I spent lots of my free time rambling the desert on foot. A hat, a canteen and a rifle. It was extremely annoying to encounter people on dirt bikes, out in the middle of nowhere, "tearing up the desert" and totally oblivious to the presence of another person out there. :mad:

It's funny what odd thoughts can enter your mind in a situation like that...like "Who would ever know?" ;)

That isn't a culture which needs to be encouraged and this game seems to do that.

6. cheater

cheater Well-Known Member

That's funny..
    About the same time, I was tooling through the desert around Phoenix with my dad(on m-m-m-motorcycles), when we saw somebody that fit's your description. I remember my dad saying "look at that psycho walking around with a gun. He must get his kicks blasting harmeless rabbits, and blowing up other defenseless creatures:cool:

7. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

Rock on with the Seven dust

8. Critter

Critter Registered

I am really pissed about the commercial I cannot stand to see my friends hurt like that!!!!!!!!

Damn dirtbikers tearin up the forest and throwin mud on all my friends Dirt Bastards

9. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Damn. I would've worn more than that in the desert! :D

10. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

That was back when I used to tan competitively. Now I just make little donations to the skin cancer god, at my dermotologist every six months. :)

11. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

I was pretty mad about this totally inappropriate commercial, especially when you live in Colorado where 1000s of acres go up in flames and the wildlife with it.