1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gonna poke myself in the eyes with this wire! ON PURPOSE!

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by prowannabe, Apr 29, 2013.

1. prowannabe

prowannabe Member

hey everyone, I am new here and to racing. I am trying to wire my TTR-125. I tried normal pliers for a bit then broke down and bought twist pliers off e-bay. Tried again and still not having much fun! the wire keeps snapping before it even tightens from pulling on the pliers, and I cant get it tight around the bolt heads. I live in a place that has no motorcycle shop that has heard of safety wire! I am trying .035 stainless welding wire.....I have a month before my first race and I am getting completely frustrated any suggestions? I am thinking the wire is wrong... thanks in advance.

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

yes. buy this and be done. you should know, even the correct pliers and wire will snap if you twist too hard. there are tons of better pliers and tons cheaper.

3. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

You can also twist it by hand. It is a bit slower and takes so practice, but you are pretty much guaranteed not to break it that way.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Wow, that is a good deal. I might have to get that myself.

5. prowannabe

prowannabe Member

well, I went out with more patience and got close I think, but it still could slip over the bolt head so I'm gonna keep trying...