Gixxer.com

Discussion in 'General' started by Gmaniac, May 26, 2008.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Eh? That is from my ftp log, on my ftp server, where in this case someone at 74.54.18.114 tried many times to log into my ftp server using the username "Administrator". Some clueless script kiddie.

2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

LOL, I know, maybe I wasn't clear. theplanet.com doesn't provide access, they just do hosting AFAIK, so it's unlikely a scriptomaniac attacking your FTP server directly from their network. Could be, but I doubt it. More likely one of their web/mail/FTP servers has been compromised. And that's usually done from China or Korea these days, volume of attacks originating from there on our stuff is about 50-1 compared to other sources.

Your original point is valid - if they have a server that's been compromised that's definitely a problem. The fact that they got jacked is a bigger problem.

3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

4. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

engrish mutha-f@cker, do you speak it?

5. verapakill

verapakill Active Member

GDC Sucks Just my opnion

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I figured that was what you meant, but I just couldn't resist. :D

I have it easy. All of our clients are in CONUS, so I block a ton of overseas IP groups at the firewall. Prior to that we had the same sort of ratio you mention.

What do you mean? They got Apache installed and running, and even left the page up as proof of their mad skillz. :D

7. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid: I don't even have a gixxer anymore...