1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gixxer.com

Discussion in 'General' started by Gmaniac, May 26, 2008.

1. Gmaniac

Gmaniac Well-Known Member

Anyone know what happened to it? It's been down for a couple weeks now.

2. nas19320

nas19320 Well-Known Member

No it hasn't. :confused:

3. Advanced Kawi

Advanced Kawi Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, my home ISP(Time-fuggin-Warner) doesn't let me go there, or to kawiforums.
    Not one computer in the whole house.
    You might be having the same problem.

4. Gmaniac

Yeah, I think I am. TWC here too, and I can't access any part of the site or threads that google returns for searches with Firefox or Explorer.

Any tech guys know what the problem is?

5. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Works for me but I'm about to delete my account over there due to all the "We miss you" emails since it was bought by Corporate America.

6. Raytruz

Raytruz GSXR 750

Are you able to access it via the IP?

http://75.125.120.204/

If that works, then there is a problem with your ISP's DNS servers.

7. Gmaniac

No, I get the same 'The server at 75.125.120.204 is taking too long to respond.' error as typiing in the web address or using any links.

8. Advanced Kawi

I've spent literally hours on the phone with them, trying to get it figured out, and then they sent someone out to replace my router. Didn't work.
    I don't get it.

9. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Hosted on theplanet.com, they've been having various high latency issues for over a month. Do a traceroute and post up the results.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Your isp is looking out for your sanity. Its a good thing man.

11. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Their servers are total shit. Takes nearly a minute to load at times.

Check out www.gixxer-forum.net. A bunch of us refugee's landed there after the big buyout. Plus gixxer-forum.net kicked in some $$ for Scott Jensen so we should show them some love.

12. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

13. patrickmotox

patrickmotox The Riders Mechanic

error loading page. give up

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Was on there earlier and ask them to cancel my acct due to all of the damn annoying emails theyve been sending me

15. Advanced Kawi

I'd still like to get to kawiforums.. Anyone know how to deal with an ISP that pulls this crap?

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That reminds me, I need to do the same for R6messagenet.

17. Knarf Legna

ISP's simply don't block access to web sites. Post a traceroute as I suggested earlier and we will be able to give you information on your problem, otherwise it's just a guess and we can't help you.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Latency aren't the only issues they have been having. I've got logs FULL of these from the last few weeks.

ftp.6.gz:May 20 03:59:57 www my-ftp-server-daemon: ([email protected]) [ERROR] Too many authentication failures

19. Knarf Legna

Kurt, most often that's a result of security measures kicking in after repeated attempts by some jagoff in China or Korea trying to break into an FTP server.

20. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

;)