1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generator upgrade

Discussion in 'General' started by klebs01, Mar 14, 2014.

1. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

I currently have a yamaha ef2000is which worked great last year running my tire warmers. However, this year I'm planning on running two bikes and two sets of warmers. I'm assuming the ef2000 won't have enough juice to power both sets. Am I better off selling and getting a larger unit, or just getting another 2000? If I get another, is it worth it to run them connected in parallel?

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I would get another 2k, especially if you can connect them, that way you have 4k on tap, and some days when it's just one bike, just use one genny. Be cheaper that way also.
    Just curious, can you connect a Yamaha and a Honda? I doubt it.

3. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

it will not run 2 sets, tried last year, kept tripping the overload circuit

4. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

We run 2 2k Honda's paralleled with a extra fuel tank. Works awesome!

5. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

:stupid: Versatile setup :up:

6. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was looking at the parallel set ups and it looks like the use an rv plug. Are there any that just use the regular plugs? Do I need to use a heavy duty extension cord to run two sets of warmers and heat some water?

7. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Depends on the distance.... more than 50ft 12ga cord would be better. less than 50ft 14ga IMO.

8. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

If you only need 15 amp plugs you can get something like this.

9. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Call Scott Johnson at Honda East. GREAT deals on gennys.

10. The big Yamaha ones like Eddie has kick ass. Honda East carries them. They even have wheels on them. I don't need one but I want one because they are cool.

11. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

My honda gen dealer gave me $800.00 on trade for a Honda 3000, Only had to pay 1200 bucks to upgrade.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You can buy another 2000i for $900, then you would have 4000 total.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

:up:

Honda East has sold a few Yamaha inverters recently to racers. They have the 3500, 4k and 6300. The 6 is what we have.

14. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Guilty.. Lol

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I currently have a EU2000is. Tomorrow I'm looking at a EU6500is which I plan to upgrade to

16. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

You have lots of good options. If you choose a honda call our local guy http://www.southeastsales.com/They have been top notch for track people. Ask for John and tell him Dirt Nap sent ya.

17. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

The only problem with paired generators is that they still only put out 110 volt power. The bigger generators have 240 capability. I.e. well pumps, household drier, etc. And if you want to run your house off one during a power outage, through the main box, a 110 volt wont work

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Even some of the larger do as well. I think it was the Yamaha 3500 we had gotten a few years back. My dad looked at it only having 110 and said, "send it back - we can't use this." :D

19. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I did not like the little honda 2000 enough to have 2 of them.

Filling the gas is a pita and I would have to do it twice as much.

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It is nice to fill it once in the morning and not touch it all day.