1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas shortage

Discussion in 'General' started by Canadian Bacon, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Any of ya'll experiencing a shortage? As of about 2:30 my town is empty (all 9 stations). All our vehicles were already full and I got out this morning to fill up cans for important stuff, the dirtbikes.

This is by no means political.

2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

On Charlotte TV I've seen stations that have run out of one grade or another.

I filled up Saturday; I should be good for 7 - 10 days.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

A buddy of mine said something yesterday about some pipe leak and gas was going to be in short supply. I took it as a tinfoil hat conspiracy

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You're kidding right ?

5. No, a gas transport line broke in Al spilling 250k gallons, pretty real. They are making a bypass but who knows how long it will take. May be riding the zuma around, "get 70mpg on this hog"

6. britx303

I dont watch TV and have been working sun up to sundown. Im guessing something happened for real???

7. There isn't a gas shortage per se, it is more of a delivery issue. In other words, the gas is there, there are just some issues getting it delivered to the stations.

If there were a true worldwide gas shortage, then the price of oil would be going up.

BHP41 likes this.
  8. britx303

Damn....that sucks. Just in time for everyone to do the GNF and ROC travelling:eek:

9. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Ga declared a star of emergency I think. Is here in SC are hit and miss. Most have it. The Governor here raised the limits of how many hours drivers can drive so they could keep the supply coming in.

I should have never sold my Grom

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Mehhh, it'll just mix in with all the rest of the crud that's still floating around the gulf from the last spill....barely notice.

Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to that Marky Mark movie about it coming at the end of the month.

11. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Is this just an east coast thing then?

12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

They're definitely starting to run out of gas here in Nashville. Tennessee has declared a state of emergency as well. I got all my vehicles topped off last weekend just to be sure. They're saying the pipeline situation should be resolved by Thursday. I would imagine that it's going to take a few more days beyond that to get supply back in place.

13. Chicken or the egg Delivery is causing a shortage. When I can't get gas at my convenience it's a f$cking shortage :)

V5 Racer and R Acree like this.
  14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

All the nerds in nashville topping off 100 gas cans for the zombie apocalypse are the ones that caused the shortage! I hope all that gas you stole gets old and gums up your engines! My truck was full so I just LOLOLOLOL'd at the people waiting in line.

Makes you think though when it happens again. Diesel is available everywhere.

15. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Drove home from VIR to Knoxville last night. Stopped twice for gas, both exits (on 40) had stations that were out but one right next to them that were still going stong... we topped off all the gas cans we had with us though...just to be safe. Not like it won't get used.

16. sowega

sowega #710

About an hour ago in Buckhead (Atlanta), a bunch of people waiting in line for a gas pump watched me pull up and fill up my car at the diesel pump.

So many dirty looks; you would have thought I shit in a fort or something.

17. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

18. Was all over the news in Nashville. People created a gas shortage by panic-buying. Same thing happened back in September 2008.

83BSA likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I filled up this morning (got up early- was below a quarter tank), should be good for the rest of the week. One local station had jacked their price to $3.99 per gallon. I won't be giving them any more business...ever. Most stores had gas earlier and were holding prices relatively close to that of a couple days ago.

20. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I remember that.

I was planning to drive from NC out to Miller and Sandia and the gas situation was so sketchy I had to cancel.