1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I've got a bunch of drawer slides... maybe one of these days

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I said that for years until I finally had enough lol. It was worth the effort.

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Go Kings!

rd400racer likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I sold the 09 GSA a couple weeks ago and bought a 16 S1000XR. Nope, not the one. Matter of fact I've been convincing myself I like it. Tough battle between this and a Multistrada. Only reason the BMW won was because we already have 3 Ducs in the family. I miss twin powered torque. But I'm coming around on the XR, just need to get more miles on it. I doubt I've logged 100 miles in 2 weeks.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Well it looks nice anyway... Hard to go from V2 to I4 . Maybe try something orange next?

rd400racer likes this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Gettin' your shit together...
    Is that what old age is for? :D

7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Fak no, get the V4 Multistrada

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I hope you’ve come around on the XR. It’s an amazing bike.

9. rd400racer

Kind of, but I'm actually working a deal with two different guys to trade me a KTM1190 for the XR plus cash. I may go for it. If nothing happens in the next 2 weeks, I'll be taking the XR to New Mexico and Colorado and that will let me see if I finally bond with this bike. You are correct, it is an amazing machine. But it seems to be overkill for the type of riding I do. Yes I should have known that before the purchase, but that's why I go through so many bikes:D

BigBird likes this.
  10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

For some reason I thought you rode an 1190 in the past and didn't like it? Are you looking at R or an standard models?

11. rd400racer

I had a 950Sm that I didn't like that much and traded that for a 990R (got it from Dave) which I gave to my son. He said it was way too much bike for him considering we don't do hardcore BDR's or that kind of riding. We then traded that for a Super Tenere that he loves. The one I'm looking at is a standard 1190.

I realize I go through bikes like some women do shoes. Truth is I'm in the process of culling the herd down to 3 bikes that I give equal riding time. I've got my Stratoliner for sale since I figured I'm not a cruiser guy. What I'd like the final three to be is 1190 for adv work, my 900SS as the sport bike and then about a 2016 BMW R1200RS as a sport tourer. Then I'll be happy. Well, for 6 months anyway:D

BigBird and cBJr like this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Do you guys pay tax on registering bikes? I would love to swap bikes around, Cars/trucks too, but up here it's 13% of the purchase price to the parasites every time you buy/register a vehicle. That's the sole reason I hang onto vehicles till they're dead lol.

13. rd400racer

Yep, 6% here every time I swap. Then again I don't think I ever pay the tax on what they're actually worth. Saves a few bucks.

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Ah cool. Well, if you want to test ride an 1190, you're welcome to try mine out.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I feel sorry for anyone in PA that would want to buy my MSO-ed '02 GSX-R750 for the street. I believe it would be taxed at full retail as it's never seen a Title or registration.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The next restore project in the garage. 1974 Design Acoustics D12 speakers. One 10" woofer, one midrange, and 9 tweeters, I can't wait to hear them. da2.jpg

Phl218, cBJr and Jon Wilkens like this.
  17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Awww yes, the "leave the price box open on the title" trick.
    Yes ma'am....I bought that 06 VFR for $375! Here's my $22.50 registration fee :D

rd400racer likes this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Very cool vintage speakers, probably worth a few dollars right now. Reflected radiators.....suck it Bose:D
    What do you power them with?

19. rd400racer

The haven't questioned me yet:D. I know most of the ladies at my DMV. They call me the motorcycle guy.

Phl218 and Razr like this.
  20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Very rare and not sure on power yet. Need to visit refurbished vintage stereo shop in Bloomfield Hills