1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZ600 parts, or engine needed

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by racerfranz, Dec 12, 2008.

1. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Anyone have any?

I had previously given up on this bike, and wanted to buy an SV, but finances, or lack thereof, dictate I fix it.:eek:

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Franz,
    What do you need? I have a spare FJ600 motor that I was thinking about taking apart. I will probably only use the cams for now so everything else is available.

Ken

3. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

hmmm, well, pretty much a complete, fresh engine, unless I rebuild my motor, or the spare. What kind of condition is it in?
    Are they the same spec? Thanks for your reply.

How much are you looking to get for that?
    I'm also looking for some aftermarket cams and carbs too, if I can find some, I know Web still makes a couple of grinds, also interested in an exhaust system...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Franz,
    I have no idea about the condition of the motor. I got it as part of a deal with an FZ. That is why I was going to tear it down and see what was what. I would not use it as is, it is just too much of an unknown. If you need some parts for a rebuild let me know.

Ken

5. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Thanks, looks like I'll probably rebuild.
    Still looking for some race parts though.

6. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

I actually have the same deal, a spare motor, which I believe is also an FJ, with an unknown history. Looks like we'll be busy this winter!!

7. rc51kid

rc51kid Member

PM sent

8. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Thanks again. But it's mostly parted out now. Old news.

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I have a FZR560 motor with fresh head rework, NRC cover, new outer clutch/primary gear I might part with. I also have some FCR carbs for it you may pry from me :)