1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future of Healthcare

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

LD...it has to be passed so we can see what it is. Then you will be able read it without issue. ;)

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

If the Republicans actually pull that, I'm gonna have the same problem I did when the Democrats did it. The schtick is tired.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There isn't going to be any one bill that replaces Obamacare. It's going to have to be dismantled in sections and will probably morph through several schemes. People can't just be left hanging after making decisions based on past government promises.
    You're looking at years to unravel it all. It shouldn't be rushed.

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Insurance laws and regulation are state laws. How exactly will health insurance across state lines work? This seems to be a major roadblock. Will this mean health insurance will now need to be federally regulated? If so, decide on those regulations, give insurance companies some time (a year?) to get their act together and SH*T CAN the ACA. Let the free market work. Up the fed tax deductible for individuals marginally to account for this. (This is very progressive tax policy, no?) Want insurance? Get a job and use your tax savings to pay for it. Don't want to pay for insurance? That's your choice and not my problem. This is America, land of the free after all.

5. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

That was all show. Those same f@ck heads now look at it as a sack full of money to buy votes with. They are just rewriting the rules so they have votes to sell to their crowd.
    Entitlements don't go away once in place. Zero chance Trump gets a repeal on his desk to sign.

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm wondering just how long it will be until we have universal healthcare. In a fashion we already have it considering that it's a Federal law that a person cannot be denied care if they go to an emergency room so the next step is for that law to also include going to a Doctor for any reason. In fact, it would probably be cheaper to include health maintenance so that the number of emergency room visits drops.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did you see the picture of all the health care CEO's with Trump? As long as they have money to buy politicians there won't be a true UK style nationalized healthcare - it would put them all out of business.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

We're in a real pickle on health care aren't we? We cannot take sensible action with one part because there are rules in another part that prevent taking actions. We're trying to untie one hand but the other hand is tied also so we rely on someone else to untie our hands but their hands are also tied. It's a yuuuuuge cluster fornication event. :)

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You don't seem to understand that all of us with insurance are paying for those that don't, those costs get passed on in the way of higher prices on medical care for everyone.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And more insurance doesn't address the cost of care.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You are?

How much of my health care costs have you borne?

12. pickled egg

Sure it does.

Want less of something? Tax it.

Want more of something? Subsidize it.

13. Newsshooter

You're correct, neither does the price of apples, got a point there that relates to the post above?

14. Newsshooter

You're what?

So you're uninsured?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Please forgive me for agreeing with you. I'll try not to make that mistake again.

16. pickled egg

Answer my question.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Deny health care to all politicians or ex-politicians that vote yes on any health care law that is not a repeal, the problem will fix itself.

18. pickled egg

Read it and weep

deepsxepa likes this.
  19. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So they kill off Medicaid expansion, move Medicaid to Block Grants (that will limit health care to literally millions of Americans)

Not sure what they are doing to Medicare, but some cross referencing will be needed.

Doesn't look like Trump's promise of replacing it with something better for all Americans is being kept in this bill. Let's hope it gets argued, amended as necessary, and meets Trump's promise before it's passed.

20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

This is something I can agree with from you. While I know you swing "left", I appreciate your point of view.

Obamacare, as it is, would have failed 100% within 2 years. Probably by design. I hope the right can come up with a proper "free market" replacement. Nothing is for free, but please face the COST of healthcare vs giving free shit!