1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: Dual Folding Kendon Trailer with Pit Bull Trailer Restraints

Discussion in 'Other' started by Knolly, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

$2000 is the price for the trailer INCLUDING BOTH PIT BULL TRS SYSTEMS. You'll still need pins for your bike but this is basically a complete setup.

I have a nicely set up Kendon dual trailer. Aside from being nice and lightweight and basically towable by anything, I've got the option tongue box, a custom rock guard (removable with some knobs, so the trailer is still easy to fold and stand on end), and a reinforced rear with Pit Bull TRS plates.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Photos with bikes loaded (prior to installation of the rock guard):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've towed two bikes on this quite a bit without a single problem. I just got the rock guard installed and greased the bearings. As far as easy towing and lightweight trailers go, I can't imagine beating this!

Located in Fort Wayne, IN.

2. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Bump, trying to make some room for the winter!

3. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Price drop to $1800 for the Kendon trailer with rock guards, toolbox, and two full Pit Bull TRS!

4. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Final winter price adjustment for now, I did some more research and decided $1600 is really fair for the whole setup considering just the Pit Bull bits are worth a bit over $500. Help me make some room in my garage! Message me with any questions.

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

How does one of these trailers do just towing one bike? 90% of my time would just be one bike but it'd be great to be able to tow two if needed. If doing one primarily, do you rotate sides or something like that?

6. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

It handles great, I just would always load up one bike on the right side since I found that the easier side to load it on, no need to swap sides or anything. Most of my hauling last season was actually with just one bike on it (part of why I'm selling it is I consolidated to a one bike trailer), and I didn't think it affected handling in any way, I'm guessing it's due to the torsion bar suspension as opposed to leaf springs.

I completely agree that it's handy to have the option to haul a second bike for a buddy or any other circumstance. I'd hang on to the Kendon for that exact reason except I'm moving into a condo with a parking garage, so I had to get something even more compact that could fit in a storage space (got a Stinger trailer).

I hope that helps!

SuddenBraking likes this.
  7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like it would be hard to strap a generator and canopy to the side opposite a single bike to even the weight a bit.

8. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Ah, I see you're familiar with my janky move of 2015:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was before I got the Pit Bulls mounted. Also I straightened the 250 after that photo, haha, this was when I was still figuring the best way to arrange everything. But yeah, the rail would make a really nice spot to strap down a canopy.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm trying to see where the feet with casters are in these pictures, that allows you to fold it up? Will it fold up with the tool box and front pieces, or do those need to be removed? If so, do you have to lift the weight of everything in the tool box?

I went on Kendon's site to try and see if they show it there, and this doesn't match any of the kendon models? Is this an older one or did someone else make it?

10. SuddenBraking

Very helpful, thanks! Hard to believe no one's jumped on this deal yet - GLWS!

11. duc995

duc995 Yep…

These trailers are made to tow with only one bike .... no balance issues.

12. duc995

duc995 Yep…

I have had this same trailer since 1997! It is almost impossible to stand up with that steel box on the front- and the Kenyon literature says not to; and when you try to put it up on the casters I've broken the brake lights before. Still Ann awesome trailer though....best upgrade I have made to mine was getting the retro fit wheel chock kit. Just roll the bike up and immediately hands free!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. duc995

duc995 Yep…

GLWS! Awesome trailer ....mine is 20 yrs and still going!

14. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words guys!

So oddly enough I've never removed the front box and haven't had an issue standing it up, just requires some heaving. Maybe if I removed it I'd find standing it up infinitely more easier and I just don't know any better, haha. I believe it's held on with a few wingnuts so it shouldn't be too tricky to take off if needed, I'll try to take a look this evening to confirm.

The casters are very close to the tires on the inside. This is an older model of Kendon, a while back they switched from square steel tubing to circular tubing. The new circular tubing is a bit lighter weight but arguably less beefy. Although this is the newer trailer, it folds and the casters work the same way as you see 2 minutes into this video:

Since duc995 mentioned the wheel chocks, I actually bought two Harbor Freight wheel chocks intending to install them like this person did, I'd be more than happy to include them with the trailer.

15. SuddenBraking

PM sent yesterday.