1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: 18+ Ninja 400/Z400 Velocity stacks

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by boxcrash, Feb 9, 2022.

1. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

I have one set of velocity stacks for sale that will fit 2018-> Ninja 400 and Z400.

They are made of carbon fiber and polycarbonate.
    I have run a set of these on my bike for about 7,000 miles and several track days.
    A few others are also running a set of these stacks on their bikes and race bikes.

$75 shipped for just the stacks. (this will require you to cut down your OEM rubber stacks and open the area where the stacks mount in the airbox - see videos for details)
    $95 shipped for the stacks and one set of modified rubber OE velocity stacks these will mount into.
    $145 shipped for the velocity stacks mounted in a modified airbox with an air filter ready to install on the bike.(potential airbox core return refund)

Shipping in the USA to the lower 48 is included in all the above prices.
    [​IMG]

Below are the Dyno numbers for proof.

This was on a stock bike with Graves full exhaust, ECU with a generic flash and my modified airbox (snorkels removed and an opening cut out in the lower front). No tuning was done on this run to make any different numbers with my stacks.
    So with proper tuning, you may do even better.

*The dimpled version was abandoned as the gains are not worth the effort or differences with no further improvements.
    [​IMG]

Installation and information on installing the standalone velocity stacks.

2. boxcrash

To clarify the bike in this Dyno run was all stock "except" Graves full exhaust, ECU with a generic flash and my modified airbox (snorkels removed and an opening cut out in the lower front).
    No other modifications done to the bike, no head gasket, cams, internal engine, mods, gearing, etc.

Early on my stock bike Dyno run best was 45.88-46hp

3. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

My kids bikes peak at 44/45hp.

Good things velocity stacks aren't legal for WERA!

10HP is a huge advantage!

boxcrash likes this.
  4. boxcrash

Right it is, grand scheme of things its like 7-10 hp with exhaust and airbox with velocity stacks and generic ECU tune. Even Dano Performance was claiming like 7hp very early on with their velocity stacks, but that setup was a little interesting to say the least. I heard people say they bent up and mangled the velocity stack bells trying to install them.

I have seen a couple people with custom tuned ECU flashes, full exhaust, velocity stacks and modified airbox, ground stock cams for race notched for timing, thinnest head gasket to bump compression, race gas and other little stuff hitting in the low 60hp+ range. Thinking with bored throttle bodies and a good set of cams timed properly could see mid to upper 60hp and low 30ft lbs of torque possibly on the 400