1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Rotor's are Trashed... OEM Only?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by JJJerry, Apr 4, 2011.

1. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Hope this is a good place for a stupid question. I picked up an SV to race this year, and did the Team Chicago school this weekend just to see how the bike feels. The only issue was the front rotors are trashed.

Are Suzuki rotors the only thing legal for SS?

Thanks!

I did a search and the only thing with relevant into was from ~'03, and it looked like the rulebook has changed since then.

2. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

You can buy aftermarket rotors but they have to be the same size and material composition as the OEM rotors.

3. JJJerry

Thanks for the quick answer!

4. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Hmmm, where does it say that? :confused: Tdub

5. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Exactly how are the rotors trashed by the way? Bent? Corroded?

6. JJJerry

They're warped... pretty bad.

7. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I was under the impression EBC rotors (most similar to OEM) were acceptable substitutes. E-Mail Mongo at [email protected] and double check with him.

8. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I recall someone asking this question before and I am pretty sure that was the answer Mongo gave. If I'm wrong my mistake not trying to mislead anyone. To be 100% sure email Mongo as noted above.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stock.

10. JJJerry

Stock it is, thanks Mongo.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW you can source stock rotors from other sources, some can be the exact same thing on another model/brand of bike. I think Vesrah sells some that are stock rotors just rebranded. That's where the 100% exact part comes into play. If everything is exactly the same they're legal - but it has to be exact.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

the other guys allow that, not WERA.