1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frame replacement- 600RR

Discussion in 'Tech' started by r_mutt, Jan 12, 2007.

1. r_mutt

r_mutt cookie puss

how hard is it to change the frame on an 06 CBR600 RR? i had my salvaged frame checked out by GMD and it looks like it's going to cost just as much to straighten as it is to replace. is this a job that a mediocre mechanic can do? i can do the usual maintainence and easy stuff, butfor instance, i've never taken the triples or swing arm off the frame.

any special tools required for the job?

thanks-

rm

2. Hurricane

Hurricane Active Member

not very difficult at all if you know how to work on a bike. could do it in an afternoon if you know what youre doing, just get a service manual if youre unsure

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

not too hard. Just takes a few hours if you have someone to help you

4. hrvat2

hrvat2 Well-Known Member

Let me know if you need a service manual. I have it in zip. file and can make available to download.

5. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

One other thing to consider other than the labor is the fact that the straightened frame will still have the proper vin# still stamped into it, If you get a new frame I think NY DMV will have to issue and install a tag on the frame to keep in legal for title/reg/ins etc.

I would straighten it and save your self the headaches.