1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fork Bushings: RD350 / RD400

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by irwnn, Dec 5, 2011.

1. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

I'm helping a friend with an RD350. It's a basket case with lots of miscellaneous parts and the budget is tight. Right now the forks are on the table for rebuild. I'm not sure what the forks are off, but they are Yamaha pieces, they are 34mm, and they have a single brake. There is a bushing that fits in a recess in the fork sliders under the fork seals. The bushings are nicked up and I'd like to replace them. The problem is that the bushings are not listed anywhere in any diagram I have found. The bushing appears to be a standard Teflon coated brass item, so I thought maybe I could take some measurements and match something up, but I'm not aware of any bushing suppliers.

Anybody got any idea what I'm talking about ;) and where I can find replacements?

p

2. was92v

was92v Active Member

It has been many years since I did any RD work, but I bought stock bushings from Yamaha. They were still available then, but I don't really know about now. Sorry, I'm not much help.

3. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Pete,

Yamaha doesn't show the bushing as a separate part on the 400 fiche and the 350 didn't have bushings. They aren't listed for any of the contemporaneous XS 360/400 models either.

Your best bet might be if you have a friend who is a Honda parts guy at a shop with a lot of NOS. It looks like Honda lists the bushings for smaller street bikes (like CM450) from the mid 80's. You might be able to match up something.

Dave

4. charles

charles The Transporter

5. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Thanks guys...

Damn you Yamaha!

p

6. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

One of my first calls... No dice.

p

7. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

The offending bushing:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  8. andy342

andy342 Well-Known Member

Call Race Tech and give them measurements

9. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

I did, and they are on the way... will post with more when they arrive.

Thanks,

p

10. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Well, somehow the Race Tech sales guy and I suffered from miscommunication. He sent me 38mm bushings. 34mm are not available.

I've contacted bearing companies, parts houses, and dealerships all over the country to no avail. Looks like these forks will go together with scratched bushings.

p