1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Another one down.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09/01/fox-lake-school-locked-down-after-police-officer-shot/

My only comment is, why aren't "the troops" mobilized like this when a mere mundane is gunned down?

You Black Lives Matter folk might want to point out the disparity in effort at capturing the killer of a South Side resident vs a tax-fattened badge flasher.

Maybe that TX sheriff's call that "all lives matter" could shed some insight...

RIP to the officer.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Las Vegas police officers ambushed at traffic light, one shot in the hand

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (Sept. 7, 2015)– A man ambushed two officers who’d stopped their patrol car at a traffic light Sunday in Las Vegas, police said.

An officer who was shot in the hand was being treated at a hospital, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Sgt. John Sheahan said. He was in good condition.

“Luckily — I want to repeat, luckily — our officer was only hit in the hand. It could have been much, much worse,” he said.

Police haven’t released the identity of the suspect. The suspect gave authorities multiple addresses and was “not very forthcoming as far as identity, as far as where he lives,” the sergeant told CNN, explaining, “That’s been pinned down now.”

The Clark County, Nevada, district attorney will elaborate during a news conference Tuesday, Sheahan said.

The officers were in a marked patrol car, police said, responding to a disturbance call at a 99-cent store. As they sat at the intersection in front of the store, waiting for the light to change so they could turn, the suspect apparently walked into traffic with a .40-caliber handgun and “fired off more than a couple” of shots at the officers, Sheahan said.

“They were ambushed on the way to that call,” he said.

The suspect took off, and the patrol car’s driver, who was not shot, chased and caught the suspect in a nearby parking lot, Sheahan said. Witnesses saw the suspect “throw the weapon up against the curb as he ran into the parking lot of a nearby 7-Eleven,” he said.

“I want to stress what type of restraint our officers used in not opening fire on this subject,” he said.

Undersheriff Kevin McMahill also praised the officers, saying they showed “remarkable restraint” when they took the suspect into custody.

“These officers are going out there and being attacked while they are sitting in a police car, and we didn’t fire a single shot back at him,” he told CNN affiliate KSNV-TV.

The department has changed the way it deploys officers, sending out two-officer units “because of the narrative of violence against police across the country,” McMahill said.

“We are certainly working on pins and needles,” he told KSNV. “(That is) part of the reason we doubled them up. So we have two officers available immediately whenever an incident occurs.”

Interesting. I'm left with questions.

4. pickled egg

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What a moron.

6. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

At best, that article is misleading.

"A deputy sheriff in Colorado has handed a driver a ticket for a windshield that was cracked by a vandal.

While the driver was in the parking lot of a glass-repair shop, ready to go in."
    That implies the driver was ticketed in the parking lot, not on the street.
    "I got a ticket for something that I was close as I could be to resolving," he said, describing to the station how he was about to pull into the parking lot of a glass shop when an Adams County sheriff's deputy stopped him and ticketed him for "unsafe vehicle.""
    So he didn't get the ticket while sitting in the parking lot, he got it while driving on the street.
    Also, this is a "fix it" ticket which simply requires proof of correction and sometimes a small fine ($10 here in the people's republic of CA).
    To me the argument is like fighting over a parking ticket when you see the metermaid at your car and you rush back to try and feed the meter. Sure you were CLOSE, but you had already been caught.

7. pickled egg

So your contention is he should have had his car towed to the glass shop he was ticketed at.

Run a wrecker company by any chance? :Poke:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He did get it IN the parking lot. The deputy saw it on the street yes, so technically he was correct. Doesn't make him less of a moron.

There is no need to waste anyones time writing a fix it ticket when the offender is pulling into the shop to get the issue fixed.

9. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

He CHOSE to run the risk of driving the car. He did not need to drive or tow the car to get it repaired, last time I had a cracked windshield I had an auto glass company fix it in my driveway didn't cost anything extra.

10. pickled egg

And that deputy CHOSE to be a raging cunt.

Next time you want to bitch about the low image John Q. has of the police, remember this thread.

11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Why is it the cop's fault for doing his job? The DRIVER had choices, he could have had someone come out and fix the car at home or work, he could have towed the car in instead he rolled the dice. You play, you pay.

12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

No, the Deputy CHOSE to do his job. I know novel concept and all.

13. pickled egg

Yeah. Just like them Nazis did. :up:

14. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Oh, boo fucking hoo!

The American way of blaming someone else for your choices:up:

15. pickled egg

You mean the American Way of using cops as highwaymen?

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Moron, you would be a good deputy Fife. God forbid any common sense was applied.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

:up:

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

So how do you feel about the guy who pals in the handicapped spot, sees the cop writing a ticket and the guy says, "I was just leaving" ticket yay or nay?

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I can't keep track. Are you a cop?

20. pickled egg

Show me the victim. Who was wronged?

Think before you answer.