1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You keep insisting you have respect for them yet at every opportunity you assume they are doing wrong. Quit lying to yourself.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, but soon....very soon :beer:

Okay not really but it sounds good.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Speculation, on either of our parts is that... As neither of us know exactly what happend other than the cop shot the guy in the head... If he was accelerating away, so be it...ANY Cop who reaches inside a running/started car for any reason, is a total Idiot.... Nothing good can come from it.. And there are countless examples of injuries to officers who did it.

Now I am sure you are going to tell me the millions of times it works in the cops favor... He gets the keys, cuffs the perp and saves GothamCity.

In this case I would rather have seen the driver in custody, not killed, none of the things he did required the death sentence.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Let's start this process systematically. First, have someone apply a real choke hold on you while you try to say, "I can't breath." If you can then we can go to the next stage. I'm suspecting that we won't have to go any further though. You won't survive the choke hold. :up:

5. Your pretentiousness and preposterousness know no bounds!!! How many incidents have I commented on in here? Twenty? Fifty? How many cops are there in the country? My comments on these incidents are only towards the cops that really fucked up.

When I see a cop shoot a man who's running away, and unarmed, 8 times in the back, it's a little more than an assumption that the cop did something wrong. Same thing when they're kneeling on a man, asphyxiating him as he's struggling to breathe, and pleading with them. It's not tough to see that they did something wrong. Same thing when an cop blasts an unarmed man in the head because he wouldn't or couldn't produce an ID.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Okay, I see you wish to keep lying to yourself. By all means keep at it. It's amusing enough.

7. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Jeezuz, H-dawg! All I did was ask who we were talking about. Why do you keep thinking about tonguing a man's asshole?

8. Leave H-dawg out of it.:D Also, I never said your tonguing was restricted to just the male cops.:D

9. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Uh-oh. You got me on the ropes now, Jon. :crackup:

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It's sad to say that the media and social media have shown that they have the power to destroy the trust that the public has in our law enforcement. Of course there are officers that are in the wrong business but not every frigging one of them are. The media has the ear of people like yourself and others that are ready to leap onto the head of any officer that ends up having to discharge a weapon. No waiting, no questions first, just hang the cop from the nearest lamppost. We don't need no stinking trial. Even when it's shown that the cop wasn't doing anything wrong some of you have already latched onto a narrative, claimed it as your own and, come hell or high water, you're going to stick to that story. Proof, poof, fuck any facts that shows something different. It has no place in your world. :up:

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Don't hang your hat on that "if you can speak, you can breathe" simplification that everyone loves to repeat.
    People who are saying "I can't breathe" are just mis-stating the fact that they are having trouble breathing. A person with medical training knows that.
    A person having trouble breathing can crash quickly.
    Yes, if a person can speak, they are breathing, but that doesn't mean they are not in respiratory distress, which will panic just about anyone.
    I've heard plenty of racers say they couldn't breath after a crash, and the medical people take that seriously.
    I'm a trained EMT-B, btw, so I learned a bit about this subject.

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Nope, I just have this sneaky suspicion that you're a moron.

13. If it makes you feel any better, I actually believe that the majority of police officers who discharge their weapon on duty are justified in doing so, despite the narrative you and the great Mung are trying to spin about me.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right. Film everything. It will at least shed some light on part of an issue. The only problem that filming cannot solve is when the camera is not filming at the absolute start of a situation. If the camera only shows part of an event then it's not proof of anything other than a visual of what the camera is viewing at that moment.

Rather than body cameras why not use helmet, or eyeglass, mounted cameras? Let's see what the officer sees as he turns his head. Patrol mounted cameras need to be wide angle lens equipped. When an officer asks a person to step out of their car and walk to the side of the curb the patrol unit camera needs to still be able to see where they go. I'm after every second of an event being recorded.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

His time was up.

That one is a takedown.

Mongo can spit some awesome rhymes when he starts freestylin'. :crackup:

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Either deliberately, or from lack of knowledge of police actions, you are ignoring that the police didn't need any video of the man selling cigarets. There were witnesses that called the police about his actions. From that the police showed up to check out the claims, recognized him from previous events, and informed him that he was under arrest. All he had to do was accept the fact that he was going to be taken into custody, then taken to the police station for further investigation. He was in fact, breaking a city law, which gave the police the authorization, and the duty, to arrest him. For whatever reason, he decided to fight and resist arrest. It is not the police officer's responsibility to just decide that, since he was resisting, they would just let him continue to break the law. That is not why they were there.

I understand that, to you, what he was doing wasn't anything to be concerned about. It was however, a concern to the legitimate businesses that he was selling in front of, and they were demanding that the police do something about it. What were the police to do? Maybe they could have simply said, "RFKA doesn't think the guy breaking the law is doing anything wrong so we have to leave him alone." Would that work for ya?

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

OK good, so we agree. Next!

18. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

This is so awkward. Firstly, embarrassing yourself and, now, denial and hostility. :crackup:

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

God you're witty. So entertaining. I'm glad to see you crack yourself up.:rolleyes:

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Come on Mike, you know what I mean. When an officer has discharged his weapon for any reason, he is immediately placed on desk duty and internal affairs and his superior officers investigates his actions. When that investigation is complete then the public can get involved if they do not find the internal affairs investigation sufficient. It doesn't even have to be a weapon discharge event. All it has to be is a complaint coming from a citizen.

What does not help is when the media gets their hands on dash cam recordings, or worst, everyman's video that was sent to youtube and then blasting it all over the country within minutes. That's when all the knee jerking starts. No one needs to know any facts, it's just emotional reaction that they work off of.