1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For dog(or any pet I guess) lovers/owners.

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Oct 27, 2017.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So a couple years ago I helped Squirrel(my now almost 14yo) with an "engineering" project for school. This had been something I had wanted to build anyways, so her needing a project was good motivation. We built it and installed it at home and has been in service ever since.
    I discussed patenting it with a friend of mine(a patent attorney), but because of a couple issues(one being that this video was seen by her class, as well as others, the other that I waited over a year to look into the patent process), I decided to not pursue patenting it. I decided instead to go with is known as "Defensive Publication". Basically by showing it to the masses, no one else can patent it either.
    If anyone is interested in building one for themselves, I will share how to build it with you. I'm more worried that peoples pups are protected from a house fire than I am cashing in. However, if you take my info and try marketing it, I'll come visit you. :)
    Hopefully the powers that be less this video slide. If not, it wont be the first time I got banned. LOL.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How do you make sure the dog goes outside? I'd be afraid the dog would run and hide somewhere inside the house.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Why is the dog in jail?

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

My dogs all just head outside when the door opens. There's never a 100% guarantee your dogs will get out, but if you give them every chance, that about all you can do.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Because he's a little shit.

RossK6, Lawn Dart and Phl218 like this.
  6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Sell that to Amazon. Sensor in driveway opens the door, delivery folks drop the package in the cage.....make coffee, steal a shirt.
    P.S you're a genius.

7. :crackup:

8. That’s awesome. :beer:

And cool dog.

9. I did that as well as applied for a patent of application (won’t get too much into specifics) for landing gear I’m making for Joe P. I did it more because I was pissed off at the over priced junk out there as it seemed to me people were marking stuff up to outrageous margins. I have no intention of making money off of it, heck I won’t even take Joes money but I don’t want anyone to get ripped off either. I’d license it for free if someone wanted to mass manufacture it at a reasonable margin (I understand we all have to make a profit) but just didn’t want anyone to get gouged because of the lack of systems out there, especially for Sportbike’s. Has not been an easy project and I’m far from done, mainly due to work and waiting on bits n pieces to come in but it’s been fun. Joe motivates me more than I motivate myself and I’m pumped to go riding with him. If he’s faster than me I’m disabling that shit :)

ToofPic, panthercity and Phl218 like this.
  10. Taught myself how to use an Arduino to control everything, that was a process but pretty cool what you can do with a $20 processor.

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

LOL, thanks. It is also handy for when said kid forgets her house key and had also forgot to replace the extra key I keep in the garage. I can open that door with my phone. She just has to reset the door mechanism.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Squirrel is such a cool name.

13. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Very cool idea and great work!!!

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Thanks.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

TurboBlew, CRA_Fizzer and BigBird like this.
  17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I got a good laugh out of the video, and it made me think of my old buddy Maximillion. He was f#cking TERRIFIED of high pitched beeps in his old age. That would definitely have worked for him. He would have been out the door and gone in seconds!

He was so scared that I had to let him in the house when I was working on bikes because he’d cower by the door when my torque wrench beeped. I even taped over the beeper to make it quieter. No luck. :D

18. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

My dog was the same way... Once our smoke detector battery got low and was making the warning beep that the battery was low. It took me 3 hours to find him... he was a 65 pound thin mutt... and somehow squeezed through the 4 inch gap between our bedframe and the ground to hide under the bed... He must have lifted up the bed frame (which is a solid wood heavy frame) to fit underneath... and it still took me an hour to get him to come out after the noise stopped...

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

:crackup:
    Sounds about right. It’s funny what sets them off. That stupid dog went toe to toe with a mountain cat once. fortunately I was armed, and three rounds into the ground scared off the cat.

Absolutely terrified of anything that goes beep, but will happily fight an animal that could kill him without even making an effort. What a knucklehead.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Same here. Our little dog was attacked by a coyote about 6 weeks ago. I heard the barking and went out into the yard and scared the coyote away, had emergency surgery and our dog survived. Just this weekend he tries to attack the next door neighbors German Shepard. Obviously he has learned nothing, from the coyote.