1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Celebrations

Discussion in 'General' started by earacing, Aug 8, 2013.

1. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Taunting and excessive celebrations have been prohibited for a while, but now the No Fun League is really getting silly.

NFL Plans to Crack Down on Celebrations
    Pointing? WTF? And who doesn't like to see a good sack celebration?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Good. Time to get the narcissism out of the game. That belongs in wrestling.

When you get into the end zone, act like you've been there before.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I'd rather just watch the football game than the dancing.

4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

one thing i've liked better about the college games. the pro's feel the need to show off after doing what they're paid to do (sacks, touchdowns, interceptions, etc).

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

The game needs more Walter Payton and less Ray Lewis.

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm okay with a little bit. It is entertainment after all.

Now, when its self-serving or self-promoting, then its a problem... Spinning the ball after a touchdown, spiking it, group hi-five/Fun Bunch even... But some of the other stuff is too much... Joe Horn's cell phone in the goal post to call his agent, Terrell Owens with the Sharpie, T.O. and the Dallas Star at the 50yd line - all over the line.

Is a Lambeau Leap considered "too much"? I mean, it excites the fans which is part of the game...

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Like with everything else in life, the problem is drawing the line. Are you going to specify in the rulebook which dances and celebrations are allowed?

If I have to choose between nothing more than high-fives and the current idiocy, I'll go with high-fives.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm ok with a few high fives with teamates and fans. After that, quickly and respectfully hand the ball to the ref and go to the sidelines. I know it sounds old-school, but, I love the team/fan involvement, and nothing more.

Oh, and the last organized football game I played in was 1980. So, take it for what it's worth.

9. Lawn Dart

Pics or it didn't happen.

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Barry Sanders had the best celebration of all, casually hand the ball to the ref and trot back to his sidelines.

11. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Spiking the football??? That's pretty much an institution of the game. i think that's a bit much if the rest isn't...

12. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:stupid::D

13. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

"An NFL spokesperson told Deadspin that the crackdown on “spinning the ball” will only apply to teams moving down the field, not a touchdown."

That makes more sense. I'm assuming that goes for spiking too.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I'm just glad the "Cock Helicopter" isn't on the banned list!

15. Lawn Dart

Problem is, if someone did it today, they would be compared to Barry Sanders, like they were mimicking his "celebration".

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

i personally like the celebrations....I think Chad Johnson was great

BTW Let's Go Giants!! and #footballonyourphone :D

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

How 'bout signing shipoopi ?

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I spewed.:crackup:

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

:stupid:

20. :stupid:

It's been a part of the game ever since I started watching as a little kid. Hopefully they just mean that it's banned on non touchdown plays.

Which reminds me of the time when Plaxico Burress caught the ball in bounds, but not in the end zone, and proceeded to spike the ball. It wasn't against the rules at the time, but the problem was, he was never tackled, or forced out of bounds! Oooops!:eek::crackup: