1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food is expensive

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Nov 18, 2022.

1. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

If everyone stopped buying stuff inflation wouldn't be so high ...... duh:crackup:

borislav, TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I don't know. Who's on first.

Once a Wanker.. and Phl218 like this.
  3. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

That is interesting…

sdg and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm still trying to figure this out.

You said 6 items, but only listed 5. That sixth item must've been a doozy.

Even picking the most expensive options at the Kroger website:

32 oz Heinz organic tomato ketchup: 7.99

Sensodyne extra whitening 2-pack: 12.49

8 pack duracell: 10.99 (there is a duracell optimum, which is pricier, but kroger doesn't list an 8 pack of AA)

Organic bananas, 0.69/pound, say you got 6 big ones, maaaaaybe 4 pounds: 2.66

bic lighter 7 pack: 8.99

That's still only about 43 bucks TRYING to be spendy.

I just don't get it.

I do all the grocery shopping at my household, and I'm a STINGY-ASS mofo. I ain't afraid to buy in bulk when it's on sale, and I have 2 deep freezers when meat food is available on the cheap.

I clip coupons. I look for the digital members-only deals. I absolutely LOVE buying stuff on clearance.

I'm a cheap bastard. 68 bucks for one bag of shit at the grocery store would straight chap my ass.

Razr and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Oh it bugged me too, that’s why I’m here bitching. I never save the receipts to items like this because I know I’ll never take them back, maybe there was also pair of reading glasses. Plus..on my way home from work, 60 mile drive one way, idling through Austin or pay three dollars and drive at any speed you want! It was a trip inside to get some mayonnaise. While running through the store I kept thinking of things I needed. I didn’t even grab a basket, I set the handfull down and was shocked, that’s half a days pay for a lot of people.

And now that I think about it, it might have been a 24 or a 32 pack of AAA batteries. I used them as a shelf to hold all the other stuff in my hand:D

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

One rib????

[​IMG]

lee955i and pickled egg like this.