1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jun 10, 2017.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

RD , I've never been there . I googled it and I now know where it's at . For the most part I rarely go to a bar off the barrier Island , with the exception of the Quarter Deck on the Dania Beach Pier . Just too many nice places within walking distance from my place to deal with the crazy traffic in the winter . Will have to put in on the list to try :D

rd400racer likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well yeah, because it takes them a day and half to make the trip. By the time they're back home they need more groceries.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I left Panama City, May 3 1984...on an '81 KZ750LTD with $290....people still ask when I am coming back.....never.

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:crackup:

6. t11ravis

Can't argue with that. I'm not a fan either.

7. LisaU

LisaU Active Member

I don't speak for Panama City or the whole panhandle for that matter ( Alabama and Georgia could claim that area) when I say it's great here....but pass that sentiment along because we're full down here

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh... I'm 5th generation. Left in '68 before the Mouse opened. I like to go visit family and the old haunts, but have no desire to move back. I've grown accustomed to having a real change of seasons, hills and curvy roads. IF I ever retire, it will be to the mountains.

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

WTF... Miami is trying to claim credit for the Cuban sammich? Ybor City

11. t11ravis

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. t11ravis

Love me a good Cuban.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yes indeed. My parents used to take us from Lakeland to Ybor City just to get a sammich from the Silver Ring is Ybor City. I think the original has been gone for years.

t11ravis likes this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If you weren't so old I'd think we were separated at birth.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're from Lakeland?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Born in Orlando, lived in Lakeland until I was 12. Dad and his father were from Bartow.

17. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

After driving through this past weekend I believe the current curviest road in Florida is I4 through Orlando.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Especially if you're on a motorcycle going around the slowpokes in both lanes. All sorts of turning :D

BigBird and 2blueYam like this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There are a few out in the boonies, not many. Dad used to sell ag chemicals before he started an produce growers magazine. We would go with him to check the groves as he built his contact list. There was a road somewhere near Frost Proof where they simply paved over the elevated rows of a grove. It was the hilliest road in central FL back in the 60s.

20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Didn't the original (Ybor) have another type of meat in addition to the ham & pork and Miami's contribution was the arrangement the rest of us now know? Regardless, Cuban workers in Ybor City is what I have always heard as the origins.