1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jun 10, 2017.

1. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Nice place to visit in the winter.
    We go see my mom in Englewood each year and just chill. Fish a little, drink a little, stick our toes in the ocean.
    Couldn't do it year 'round, though - no mountains.

2. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

It's pretty there, but I don't think I could live somewhere that I'd have to worry about swimming in any lake and getting eaten by a gator. Or walking outside the house in the dark and meeting said gator in my yard, or an 18-ft Python. No thanks.

dtalbott, speedluvn and Banditracer like this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

and West Palm too. Its like the Northeast with palm trees.

4. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Nothing to worry about from gators and pythons, the cobras keep them under control.

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

The wife is a Delray native. I've really grown to like Palm Beach County.

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I still have my house on Sewalls Point in Martin County but have a long term renters in it. Florida doesn't have everything I need (Mountains, Canyons) but that's the joy of being able to be mobile. Can't wait to get back there. Looking forward to spending more time on Captiva and Sanibel islands And in the Keys and Tortugas.

I'll be living in Sedona, AZ until the kids have to go back to school.

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Just sailed around the state from St Pete to Brunswick, Ga. Was on a fast track trip but really enjoyed all the places I stopped at (Naples, Sarasota, Marathon, Key Biscayne, and St Augustine)and will be back in the winter.

Dits likes this.
  8. Dits

That's where they'll put my ashes. My favorite place on the planet.

9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Markham, Key Biscayne, Oleta River all have MTB parks. Also Miami MX is 20 min out of town. If you are willing to drive a few hours, theres several MX and trail riding parks.

Miami does suck in other regards, though. I hear you about the thieves, scammers, and bar scene. No place is perfect.

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Four pages and no mention of hurricanes?

11. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

You lost me in the first sentence!!

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There is still a lot of old Lauderdale left. Yes, it's more crowded, but the Elbo room is still there, there is still lots of old dive bars full of locals, and as far as boating goes it's a great community. Spring break is pretty good nowadays.

The keys is the same, things are changing there too. I have been going there since I was a kid in the early 80's, but it's still very sleepy compared to Miami.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

A grand total of 345 ft of elevation change from highest point to lowest in the whole state. Those MTB parks must really kick ass.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

"See, here's the thing"?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Miami was nice when I lived there...about 1960.

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

You are describing the Central Valley and points north, and LA. Sounds just like Cali, only with more rain and humidity.

17. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Only one word "rum drinks". The 2nd sentence. Back home in St. Thomas so all bets are off

18. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Florida Jed has absolutely no ring to it whatsoever

Dits likes this.
  19. Dits

...baby won't you carrrrry me... back to Florida.

You're right. :D

20. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Old people suck.. That is all