1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida Peeps...here comes Ian.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Sep 24, 2022.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

If we can be thankful about one thing at least it's not hitting the shore at full blast in the middle of the night.

That is always the worst, especially if power goes out and you are in total darkness with that NOISE just completely surrounding you.......*shiver*

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

My girlfriend’s mom is in Cape Coral and refused to evacuate…hoping it turns away and spares the area.

Boman Forklift and Quicktoy like this.
  3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you all. This one looks bad, very bad for a lot of people.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I live between the 41 and 776 signs in north port.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

After Katrina me and the missus went down to the evacuee center in Gonzalez LA with a pickup full of whatever we could scrounge and beg. My wife insisted that we stop at every dollar store on the way and buy feminine hygiene pads. You'd have thought that we brought solid gold when those ladies saw those!

Pads, hypo-allergenic baby formula, dog crates, cleaning supplies. If anyone is going to take a truck down afterwards , those are the most needed items.

We might drive down ourselves in a couple of weeks. Not sure. Have to see how it goes with government and NGO responses.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

"Tampa Bay is now on the side of the storm where Hurricane Ian’s powerful counterclockwise winds are blowing out to sea, which is draining the bay instead of flooding it. The same thing happened during Hurricane Irma in 2017. Along Bayshore Boulevard in South Tampa, the bay is now only a foot deep in some spots."

-NY Times

Hopefully GA is ok this weekend....Mets vs Braves is a huge series.

7. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I'm in Wesley Chapel, about 20 minutes north of Tampa, and will be heading south daily to work claims in the areas hit for the coming weeks/months. If anyone needs anything, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Leave! <---hope this is done already. That close is not safe.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The storm just grazed my parents’ place near Marco island, but the surge is no joke. They have water coming in the house now and have decided to head to higher ground while they still can.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

11. prm

prm Well-Known Member

That’s crazy. I lived on Bayshore blvd for a year and would run along the bay.

12. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's what happens when the kids leave their toys out in the yard.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I just heard the eye is 35 miles in diameter, a " normal " hurricane is around 20. He's a big fucker.

Pride & Joy likes this.
  16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Good luck to anyone affected, this seems pretty bad indeed.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I hope the folks currently just on the north side near the shore are ready for Ian to go from suck to blow with that storm surge. It can come in really fast.

Pride & Joy likes this.
  18. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 12.24.18 PM.png

Banditracer and Pride & Joy like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was there for Andrew. We taxied something like 50 aircraft into the Piper factory hangars. We only got a little rain.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

At the risk of being a little premature, I am starting to think that this will not age well.

stk0308 likes this.