1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat/Fair Tax back on the discussion

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hawk518, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You have the "crack heads" empowered by the mob. No chance in hell that will ever happen. The only chance is to implement a maintenance program. And, the call for a tax where the mob is vested.

2. ped

ped Banned

Lots of people call for the end of a standing military and to significantly slash the DOD budget. And that very suggestion has become almost political suicide. Over half of those income taxes go the defense spending.

As I linked to earlier the other ~45% of income taxes pay for highways, wild fires, parks, police agencies, border patrol, research grants, welfare programs, health agencies such as the centers for disease control and national health institute, and foreign aid.

If you would like to do away with federal income tax, or slash it significantly vote for those who want to defund the department of defenses $610B annual budget.

For instance lets here what Rand Paul has to say about "crackheads" and "the mob"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=390&v=1Ez3iKqAmbA

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I want to be fair to you.
    Know this:
    - I would like to engage in this discussion but I won't.
    - I don't believe in ignore lists.
    - I do not aim to silence.
    - You are welcome to challenge my opinions/comments.
    - You may quote me as much as you need to.
    - I will observe.
    - Your effort should not be contingent on a response from me.

- Daenerys Targaryen - Game of Thrones

4. ped

ped Banned

That's fantastic champ. Since you seem to be a fan of Rand Paul I highly suggest you do not become "the mob" as you claim to be against and actually listen to what Paul has to say here.

https://youtu.be/1Ez3iKqAmbA?t=7m55s

I believe it goes something like "the only way you can balance a budget is by looking the entire budget and that means looking at military procurements...."

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I believe that we need every one vested. Having said that, I don't necessarily believe that we need to rush to it.

So, I would give some consideration to putitng a lower bound value on income that would not be subject to tax. I don't know where that bound is but it could be in the $20K to 30K range or wherever it needs to be.

There should be no refunds to those that were not taxed or overcharged.

The flat tax should should ideally be fluid. This fluidity and the majority vested will lead us to a realistic flat tax, in time.

Fluidity and vested will make our spending more accountable as we are all active participant. We pay now. We don't pass the buck.

We eliminate pograms. I believe that as we allow individuals to keep more of their earn monies, there will be less need to re-distribute and it will promote personal growth that is not co-dependent with government.

Government must return to its roots. A the local level. We most abanndon Statism and return to the Principles of Republic.

As we eliminate pograms, we are eliminating the cost of running those programs that steal from those in need. So, program must be self-running. Preferrably and at a minimum via deductions for those in real need.

The transfer of Federal monies needs to be limited. The Fed have exhibited manipulation via withholding of monies. This is unacceptable. The Feds do not tolerate individuals withholding from them.

Government is a corporation it needs to start acting as one. We are the shareholder. Time to fire the board.

6. ped

ped Banned

What programs would you like to cut? How about all welfare? That saves $79B.

oh wait you don't want to discuss anything outside of your "software"

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

While you guys bicker over the flat tax I will say I STILL think the Fair Tax or a variation thereof would make the most sense. I say that cuz:

- I truly believe every single illegal might second guess coming here when they realize they won't be privy to the pre-bate but yet with each purchase they will be contributing to our tax bill.

- Those who engage in criminal enterprise [AND more than likely collecting some sort of gov perk] will also be contributing to the tax bill with each and every purchase.

- Tourists, will now contribute as well.....I mean how often do we pay exorbitant taxes when in their country, now they can enjoy that here too.

I'd love to hear from those who may have researched/studied the cons of the Fair Tax ???

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You will see language to the effect that it won't cover our expenses.

Hence, I propose that the flat tax must be fluid to balance the yearly budget (real budget not what they call the budget today). And, an additional percentage to pay the debt down.

With a fluid tax rate (flat across the board), we have poeple vested. It is no longer "other people's money."

We will break the inter or co-dependency as as Shareholders we will begin to manage where our money goes and how much.

9. ped

ped Banned

free things for everyone! No one pays! Military gets funded by wishes! Highways pave themselves!

Can't wait for this theoretical tax and budget plan to be posted.

10. ianjoub

ianjoub Well-Known Member

Why has no one addressed THE FED. They control our money system. Their monetary policy revolves around the creation of debt. With this system, there is not enough money to ever repay the debt. There is not enough money in existence to do so. It is a flawed system. We have given the printing presses to a pack of thieves and wonder why we have money problems?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mII9NZ8MMVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM

11. ped

ped Banned

So now you want to socialize banking?

'The government can do no right but I want them to do all the lending.'

12. ianjoub

No. I want the government to issue currency backed by gold or even better, just use gold coins!

13. ianjoub

14. ped

ped Banned

Why?

15. ianjoub

It will cut down the ability of thieves to steal from the masses.

16. ped

ped Banned

How? Printing a dollar is printing a dollar. And who agrees what the worth of gold is anyway? We just make up a number $1 = 1oz?

Why don't you choose to pay and be payed right now in gold? You need the government to force everyone to accept it?

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The FEDS need to be addressed but before we get to that task, we have to gain power over our Representatives. They are the ones that enslave us to the FEDS.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

So, Texas, getting back only 91 cents of every dollar that is sent to the Fed is a "leech" state? Are you also telling us that the fuel taxes sent to the Fed are being sent to the IRS? I wasn't aware of that.

I also am not surprised that Texas shows a lot of non tax paying "citizens" with all the illegals here plus there has been a ton of Federal money spent in Texas, N. Mexico, Ariz., and Calif. due to the border security issue since 9/11.

19. ped

ped Banned

Texas doesnt send anything back. It takes up slightly more in taxes than it uses.

Texas is the leader of the welfare states, yes. It has the highest proportion of people with zero, and even positive, federal tax liability.

border security grants do not count as general state funding, they would be considered emergency funding. As well illegals, being illegal, do not get counted on census let alone tax forms.

The simple truth is Texas has a lot of low income people who depend on the federal governments tax dollars.

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You are paying attention but take a closer look. What else do you see?