1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time Membership Form

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by juni315, Feb 18, 2011.

1. juni315

juni315 Well-Known Member

Can I fax the membership form or does it have to be mailed?

2. gixxer357

gixxer357 Well-Known Member

It can be faxed as I faxed one the other day for a friend.

3. juni315

juni315 Well-Known Member

Ok great. Thanks for the info!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

5. gerber100

gerber100 Well-Known Member

How can I go about finding my blood type for this? I wont be able to get a blood test done till after vir..
    do I have to have it on there from the start, or could I add it in later?

6. primo

primo Well-Known Member

Let's see, if you crash and I run over your hand and for some reason you lose your hand and need blood a.s.a.p, don't worry, just tell the doc that you want your blood later. WTF bro lol!

7. gerber100

Bwahahaha
    I was just wondering if it was possible.
    Know any way to get it quicker?

8. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

go to the red cross website, find out when and where the next blood donation thing is going to be happening. you're in cinci, so they should be pretty common especially if you're closer to the campus area.

fill out the new membership thing and schedule your appointment, make sure you don't have std's, and eat well and drink lots of fluid the night before and day of.

you'll find out your blood type in 2-3 days.

did some legwork for you: http://www.cincinnatiredcross.org/index.asp?IDCapitulo=K2FA49812E
    -- call them and they'll help you out

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  9. gerber100

Thank you very much for the info!
    Ill get right on it!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The donation route is a fantastic idea but blood type while nice isn't a 100% necessity. It really does help in an emergency tho. More important is allergy information.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

There's not an ER in the country that's going to give you blood without checking. If you're that bad, they will give you O- while they check.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Great point about allergies. Why people don't wear their medic alert tags I have no idea.

13. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

That's the word I got too.

Mine was found on my birth certificate. That may vary from state to state, I don't know. Either way, it worked for me.

14. madman748

madman748 I'm your huckleberry

+1 I put a peice of helicopter tape on my boot with my blood type and my penicillin allergy.

15. ZiaThunder

ZiaThunder Girly Racer

It always surprises me when forms ask for blood type. We don't care or look at that. As someone who has worked in hospital blood banks and done cross matches....

There is no way that any medical professional is going to take your word for your blood type. If you need blood, you will have blood drawn, you will be typed and cross matched. If there isn't time for a type and match then you will be given O negative packed cells, since it is the universal donor.

Not sayin that it isn't a good thing to know, it just isn't going to expedite your medical care. Now making sure they know about any allergies or possible allergies is going to do far more for you then any thing else you could put down.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed which is why it's not required. It's a leftover from the days where it mattered more. FWIW all the medics and docs I've asked say it's good to have otherwise I'd pull it from the form.

17. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Are you going to fax that in with your SSN on it?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why not? Pretty sure no one is hacking our fax machine and it's not like any of the 3 whole employees at WERA World Headquarters are going to do anything with it. We know how much money racers don't have, not a lot point in identity theft :D

19. gerber100

So I can send it in with out blood type on it?
    And when I finaly figuer it out, I can have it put on?

20. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

How can u NOT know what your blood type is..:confused: