First race at tally

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by jackel151, Feb 11, 2012.

1. jackel151

jackel151 Well-Known Member

2 more ? for talladega race
    Does WERA provide novice shirts for sunday races when we go thru the saturday school? Or do we need to get our own? whats best neon green,pink ?

Is it safe to leave the bike under an awning at the track at night. I would normaly just camp at the track. But with the over night forcast of 40 I will probley get a hotel.

Thanks

2. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

WERA will provide an orange prov. shirt

Yes your bike will be safe like that, many people including myself leave their bikes out, I do sleep in my pit area though

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Like John said they will give you an orange shirt. You will need it for Saturdays mock race at the end of the day. Good luck:up:

4. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

I lost a front stand last time I was at Tally. Lock up what you leave. My front stand was jacked while I was out on the track during the day. Not saying anything bad, just saying. It could happen anywhere.

5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Never had that issue at tally

6. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

I was surprised too. Bring friends- they can see your first race, almost all of it, from the bleachers at the 90's. Fun track to learn on. Convenient too. You don' t have long distances to walk if you have questions. Concessions aren't overpriced like other tracks. Be safe and have fun.