1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fentanyl

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Nov 10, 2022.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

shit I still remember the cigarette gum they sold us in the 80s… same shape and packs and even had powdered sugar in the paper wrappers that you could blow and make a “smoke” cloud… surprised nicorette didn’t use the same packaging when they started…

nowayout likes this.
  2. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I've certainly had a fair number of doctors trying to push meds to me, but there are still good ones out there. Had a fairly nasty dirtbike crash a few weeks ago (missed a double and landed hard from about 10 feet). Broke 3 ribs, tore a bunch of cartilage in my chest, 4 fractures in my right leg, and some ligament damage. Ortho asks me what my pain tolerance is like, and says we can go with the usual opiate pain killers, or do a mix of Ibuprofen and Tylenol. My body hyper-metabolizes opiates, so they don't really work, so went with the OTC option. I'm not saying I've been pain free, but it's manageable. If anything, he pushed the OTC option more, if I could deal with it. He's also trying to avoid surgery on the MCL, where most docs want to cut you up asap no matter what.

I'm thinking my days of doing jumps are over. At 61, I don't bounce like I used to.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Damn Dude! Rough landing for sure… chest injuries only hurt when you breath :) heal up fast and healthy like…;)

4. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Yeah, I've been sleeping in a chair for 3 weeks. Just no way to get comfortable in bed. I think the cartilage is the bigger problem. I've broken ribs enough times, and they're not fun, but there's at least progressive improvement over a few weeks. The cartilage has barely improved, and the docs said it could be 6 months before it really heals. The leg....So the ER didn't catch ANY of the fractures in the x-rays. Ortho sent me for an MRI, but it took over a week to get insurance to approve it, so I was literally walking on a broken leg for over a week. Tops of the tib and fib are fractured, and the base of the femur. Non-displaced, but obviously not good to walk on. Problem is, I can't use crutches due to the ribs, so they've got me in this frame that allows me to walk a little while keeping pressure off the damaged areas.

I should have let the bike warm up a bit before I went full Monty. Had just taken off, and the bike was cold and bogging. Hit the face of the first jump and it bogged, and I guess I gave it a hand full, which sent me straight up. I knew I was screwed the moment I left the ground, as the bike was vertical and my weight was shifted too far back to get it back down. Rear wheel came down on the top of the 2nd jump, and I had already bailed and I think I hit the bike on the way down. The best part is, I rode for 3 hours after that.....cuz....I'm 61 and haven't learned anything yet. I had driven a couple of hours to get there, and didn't want to waste the day.

JBall likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

yep… you’re a racer :D

heal up man! More days to roost in your future…. Might have to ride smarter not harder though ;)

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ouch IRON MAN!!! I haven’t ridden dirt in a couple years, but when I do, I only do vet tracks with table top jumps. I’m not good enough to time the landings on the back face.

cpettit likes this.
  7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Yeah, if I'm honest, I'm just starting to realize my reflexes have atrophied. Just the reality of getting older, right. When we're young we start checking the list of the things we CAN do, but when you're older, the list starts going the other way. I just have to recognize my margin for error on something like that is just not wide enough, and the cost too great. Pretty sure this is going to blow my ice racing season, which sucks because it would have been the first season on the new (to me) 350. I'll still do woods riding I think, but moto-X is going to have to come off the list.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Breathe, sneeze, cough, poop....blow jobs are out of the question....

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you can’t give blow jobs now either? :Poke::crackup:

too much info man, too much…

10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

So judgemental...lol

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I was actually concerned and hoped you’d saved up enough from your healthy blow job days :D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Hey dude, we all had to finance our racing however we could. I vaguely recall you hanging around in the Grattan bathrooms, with a sign saying "reach arounds, $5"

Razr and 27 like this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Those hot chicks said they wouldn’t tell!

glad you kept your soliciting to the men’s room so we didn’t have to compete :crackup:

glad you’re relatively ok man… thanks for the giggles this morning:)

14. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Yeah, did I mention that laughing hurts like a mother also? Dick... ;)

CBRRRRR999 and 27 like this.
  15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sounds familiar, except it my grandfather and he was from England. He died at 95 and it wasn't from cigs. Smoked non filtered for 83 years.

britx303 likes this.
  16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah, crazy how that works. Same with my dad’s mother. Filterless PallMalls and no lung issues. Then on the other hand, My mother detests tobacco smoke, but has horrible emphysema from pot………natures “wonder-drug” :confused:

17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

G-dammit!! Just lost another family member to this overnight , I’m finding out now :mad:

18. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sorry for your loss. RIP.

20. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Sorry mate :(