1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fentanyl

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Nov 10, 2022.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I had surgery about 5 years ago a similar problem I was in absolute other agony for a week laying in bed I was able to sleep maybe one and a half to two hours a day at most and they had prescribed a non-narcotic pain reliever which was absolutely useless finally we went back and I told him it was unbearable which it was they gave me I believe it was oxycodone .

Get this ....by the time I left my office the pain was ( completely gone) ! and I never felt it again. Unreal..... When I went back from my checkup a week and a half later I pretty much unloaded on the doctor saying to put somebody through that much pain was absolutely unacceptable....

I'm no Superman I'm as tough as the next guy on the block but f*** I think that experience for that week and a half or so aged me 10 years.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Lucky you when I crashed it was tolerable with pain pills for a week, when they wore down but the time was not for the next one it got very painful. In the AM rolling over was an exercise in pain. But I am thankful I had something and it likely helped me heal.

3. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

the med profession is f**ktup . i just had two major hart procedures and you get drs allover the place about medication. who to believe. cause it can screw up your mind. a

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

ol' lady got some fentanyl with her epidural 6 weeks ago. worked great, popped out another racer. fast as F.

cha0s#242, MachineR1, Razr and 2 others like this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Happy for ya Dad. :beer:
    It's amazing what drugs can do when administered by medical pros.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Late response as I haven’t been on in a while. This is a good post.

The main point is that we as a country are trying to have it both ways. We’re trying to criminalize using and distributing it, but we’re too soft and pathetic to actually go all the way with that philosophy. Then we also have efforts to treat addicts with kids gloves and decriminalize certain types of drugs. We need to go one way or another, or a logical combination of both.

Yes of course if you enact harsh punishment it’ll be misused sometimes against people who are actually innocent or have mitigating circumstances. In Asian countries with a more communitarian bent, they believe the social good of quashing drug use with an iron fist is worth whatever collateral damage they might cause to individuals. They’re not necessarily wrong, it’s just a different way of thinking vs. the West.

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This.

The government wants to conveniently forget that JAYCO (Hospital auditor that sets standards of care in the US) made PAIN the 5th vital sign some years back- that is what started the prescribing of pain meds regularly.

Wonder who's lobbyists were involved in that?

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

no need to wonder… watch Dopesick the series… they outright name them

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's a nice propaganda piece.

10. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Sorry, but no, JCAHO, The Joint Commission is designated as an approved accreditor for those seeking Medicare certification, they provide accreditation and Medicare certification through its survey process. They are approved by CMS to evaluate healthcare facilities and enforce CMS standards of care.

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

In other words, they set the standards of care, right?

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

If I’m reading this correctly, no. They audit facilities to ensure they are meeting the guidelines as laid out by another entity. They just certify the facility, not set the standards.

Gino230 likes this.
  13. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

No, in the actual words they enforce the standards of care as dictated by CMS. We, healthcare organizations actually depend on JC’s accreditation survey results to be eligible for medicare reimbursement.

JC is tough as they are thorough but if you think they are tough you have no idea. On the rare occasion where CMS would audit a JC survey? That is a tough audit.

Gino230 likes this.
  14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I know it was fiction based on truth of Perdue but the unhinged lack of personal responsibility of all of them are the issue… pushers and users on every level

I’ve seen what shitty Drs do and the results of those that follow their advice…

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

A local kid that graduated 2 years ago from the HS where I coach died this past Wednesday from eating a gummy laced with Fentanyl.

Remind your kids to trust nothing offered or given by anybody.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This is too pat to be accidental. No better way to discourage even extremely casual recreational use than to make it potentially lethal.

KNickers likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Anybody remember when Joe Cartoon was too “influential” in encouraging 8 year olds to buy a pack of smokes?

Now you can get all your favorite formerly contraband substances in delicious fruit flavored candy form…

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Ironically, a Joe Camel Racing tin was what I kept my weed and smoking paraphernalia in back in the 90s. I still have the tin and a couple of packs of Jobs. I bet those papers would just crumble now. :D

19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

My first cigarette was a filterless Camel I swiped from my Great Grandpa from Scotland. Circa 7-8 years old. Went in the backwoods with the cigarette and matches, lit it, took a big giant inhale and with immediate regret, nausea and lungs on fire……I was hooked :confused:

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Sorry Jed. F*cking terrible.