1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite GPS luggage tracker for Android when flying?

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Mar 9, 2023.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Prefer non-subscription. I use a Samsung phone. And........go!

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Carry on

If it's at all possible for a union employee to fuck it up.....it'll get fucked up

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Hence the one I chose works in over 190 countries, doesn't need bluetooth and is a "real" GPS tracking solution that pings every 1 minute. I don't want to loose my $16k racing handcycle if and when I travel with it. There have been several horror stories very recently. Paralympian friend's handcycle was "lost" for 9 days. A massive Twitter blast campaign against the airline got their attention and it was magically then found.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

with a real gps ping, I wonder if it is airline compliant? maybe mess with in flight nav? food for thought. Ski

50Joe likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I guess I’ve been off the road for way too long.
    GPS tracking my dirty underwear and paying to do it?

I guess if I was still doing (on my best/worst) 300 days out and 160 flights I’d be into that but . . . They lost my luggage 3 times in maybe (going high here) maybe 500 flights all with a checked bag. . .

I’m not paying no $ .50 for no coke.
    And Amex is your best friend while traveling!!!

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hell, people use their airtags to track (and sometimes retrieve) their cars.

8. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

For any others who are looking in to this I picked up some samsung galaxy smart tags on amazon stupid cheap over the holidays, just a little added insurance when we are traveling to Dubai this spring.

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

It will be used when flying my $16,000 handcycle to racing events. So yea, kinda important.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

See, I get that, Joe.

Times change and all that shit I guess.

50Joe likes this.